How long have your brakes lasted?

When did you have your brakes replaced?

• <45K miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >45K miles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtalef

Reaction score
Just taking a quick poll. I had to have my front rotors turned and brakes replaced today.

Year: 2003
Mileage: 45,050

On a side note, it seems like I warped my rotors back about 20,000 miles ago, are the Jeep rotors prone to warping easily?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
replaced rotors and pads @ a lil over 12 k...just passed the warranty point....i think it was more like 13 k...im on my 3rd set of brakes and i only got about 37k

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still going strong at 18k. Its all how you drive. I tow a boat from time to time also. My Brakes do seem to be getting worse, I seem to push the pedal harder to get the same stopping power I use to.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Right about 27-28K. Back wore out faster than the front, but I went ahead and replaced everything myself while I was at it. A few hundred miles later I had a stuck caliper that toasted the pads and rotors on the right front (on the new set), so i had to do that one again, but I believe the stuck caliper was my fault.

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front brakes lasted 50,000 km (30,000 Miles). Rears (drums, it's an 02) still on at 79,000 km (nearly 50,000 miles) but need to look at during next oil change.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the best of my recollection, about the same time as the spark plugs...around 30K miles.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got about 39K and still going strong. Probably able to get 45-50K out of them. Rotors still look in excellent condition, so I doubt I will need to turn them or get new ones.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TSB

There is a TSB (05-003-03)out on 03-04's built prior to December 5, 2003 for 'rear disc brake moan-like sound'. "The customer may experience a rear brake moan-like during light or no brake application pressure. The condition is more likely to occur whe the brakes are cool (first use) and ambient air temperatures are below 50oF. The moan-like sound may be intermittent."

Here's their solution: "If the condition can be duplicated or the customer describes the above condition perform the Rapair Procedure." The repair procedure includes NEW pads and rotors, a good cleaning of the calipers and new brake fluid.

I have this exact problem, but my build date is late in the 04 model year and I only have 16,000 miles. I've got a good mechanic and hope he will take care of it for me without too much ******** and complaining on my part.