Gauges... What do you miss?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... I miss a voltimeter and a pressure oil gauge...

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't want a digital screen... I dig the clock style gauges :D ... where do you put 2 o 3 gauges? How they would be?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images
:D

I'd like something like this
You must be registered for see images

This is a topic about gauges in a KJ dashboard... http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92305

What do you think? :)

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be perfectly happy with one like the first picture you have there. that's how my old mustang was when I was a teenager and it was perfect. It wouldn't be that hard to fit those in the KJ dash either, there is plenty of wasted space there now. I'm starting to think about adding an oil pressure and voltmeter gauge. A ****** temp gauge would be nice too if you towed. I don't think I'll have to worry about that though, I hardly ever tow anything. I'm sure we're not the only ones that would really want those gauges. :)

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I miss real time oil pressure. Mechanical gauges rock and the lack of an oil pressure gauge IMO is the biggest let down with the cluster in the KJ.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree having permanently mounted extra gauges would be nice, but If I was living in Chile,where averages temperature were above 85F, I would focus more on cooling first.
Getting the under hood air temps down, through a cowl induction hood,and then include a fan controlled transmission rad, with a line for a gauge. An oil cooler /pressure gauge would also be on my list of must haves.
I use this ****-trip digital gauge, inexpensive and helpful 4 in one.
http://www.auteltech.com/4in1.htm

Last edited:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
come to think of it, that instrument cluster looks awful familiar, that might just be from a mustang. is it?

don't worry budke, you'll never drive my KJ, it will be just fine. :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alex, are those first set of gauges in the first pic out of an xj?

In addition to what we have now, oil pressure and volts should be standard really on all vehicles. I would like ****** temp too.

I have a scangauge but it has no oil pressure or ****** temp gauges.

Dave

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
The gages are fine for ThunderbirdJunkie, but one thing he does miss in his dashboard related controls...

is a freakin option for defrost+vent output for HEAT...

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like more gauges, and I'd do it myself but I'd probably end up with something like what I posted here. No, not the first thumbnail. The second.

Attachments

• F18dash (Medium).JPG
    F18dash (Medium).JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 146.1 (Medium).jpg
    146.1 (Medium).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil pressure, volts, and a real temperature gauge would be nice. Especially ever since I learned that the KJ's temp gauge is an idiot gauge.

I'm gonna buy my ScanGauge II one of these days when I have some money burning a hole in my pocket, so that should solve most of my gauge problems.

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alex, are those first set of gauges in the first pic out of an xj?

In addition to what we have now, oil pressure and volts should be standard really on all vehicles. I would like ****** temp too.

I have a scangauge but it has no oil pressure or ****** temp gauges.

Dave

Yep, those gauges are from a pre-97 XJ, with aftermarket white-face overlays. And I agree, I hate that my wife's KJ doesn't have a voltmeter or oil pressure gauge. My '01 XJ has them, and even my '88 Monte SS has those gauges.