Engine 'miss'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all from New Zealand!!

Over tha last couple of days I have noticed a 1 second or so 'cut' in power (like a long miss) when sitting at open road speed.wrc.gif Coincidently both times I was on cruise control and doing about 100km/h (that's 64mph ish). My truck is an '02 3.7 V6. It never used to do this at all and has done it twice in the last 3 days. :rolleyes:
Anyone have any thoughts?poke.gif
Thanks
Oliver

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first thing that comes to mind is plugs. When is the last time they were changed? They are cheap and easy to change anyway.

So you are not getting any codes??

Dave

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

They were new plugs about 10000km ago at the last service. I'm not getting any engine check and no codes found on my ScanGauge.

Oliver

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
I had a similar issue, but you don't have ESP/BAS, which is what mine was. The BAS was kicking in for some reason, I was LOADED up, and four people. Strange, since I got back, and all the stuff was unpacked, it hasn't done it.

Maybe check the battery, that seems to be the popular consensus.... Though, that's not what it is. Maybe a fuel delivery issue... I doubt all six plugs would cut out at the same time. There is so much that can cause this condition, so it is hard to pinpoint. 2 second is not enough time to actively troubleshoot it either...