Damn P0420

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reneg4de

Reaction score
2 days after fixing my engine light with a new 02 sensors here comes another code : P0420. I guess my cats are clogged... I had a mazda 6 before my jeep that had the same problem. I just opened the cats empty them and add spacers to the 02 sensors to prevent the engine light. As its pretty expensive to replace them and dont have any emission to pass in quebec i thought of doing the same to my jeep. Just wondering if anyone have done it before and if there's anything i should know ? Thank you !

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember the Bill 48 that was at the ass nat last year about the inspection of car over 8 years old. It's more and more possible that in a near future it turn to be reality. So you will probably have to change it anyway. If not, by-passing the sensor is probably the only option. Pretty sure you can find a cheap used cats somewhere.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
little thread Hijack, where are you from Quebec? I'm in Quebec city. Charlesbourg more precisly.

/stop threadcrapping

Latest posts

Members online