clear fluid leaking from kj

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Burgundy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello all just wondering if anyone knows what this could be. It is a clear fluid that feels a bit like oil. it is on front pass. axle about 3 inches in from the boot. it looks just like water but it is leaving oil stains on the driveway and it feels like oil any ideas, i have pics and i will try and post them later .

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power steering fluid maybe?

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it anywhere else in the fenderwell or just on the CV ?
Could even be a small amount of antifreeze

Ron Burgundy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just on the CV asfar as i can tell i just started the jeep and let it run for about 20 mins with a piece of cardboard underneth the jeep and the cardboard is clean and dry i can't see ontop of the CV but it feels dry there

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver side CV boot is always wet. Can't find the source. I dry it off...and i check it a bunch of times and it's never wet again. forget to check it one day, check it the next and it's wet. lol. fml

Ron Burgundy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it could be i don't remeber wiper fluid being that oily but it could be, it also left a stain on the driveway.

Wildebeest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the lower rad hose connections and the thermostat housing.

Also have a good look at the brake hose and bleeder screw, if possible have someone give a good push on the pedal while your watching.

Last edited: