can i drill into my dash here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am thinking about mounting my cb right here on top of the dash, probably not this one though, wondering if anyone has had this area of the dash board apart enough to see how much room there is before you start drilling into the air ducts
You must be registered for see images

here is the link, the pic seems to keep disapearing
http://twitpic.com/k99p3

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Take the A pillars off and remove the dash cover and see for yourself, it will give you a better loook at where you may be able to position the mount without disturbing the tubes.

5.5mm socket for the A pillar screws. :)

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, you get the pillar covers off and the the top of the dash comes off easily from there?

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't know what happened, the pics were working when i first uploaded them
You must be registered for see images

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted the head unit for my DX-70 just a bit further back, where the flat lip is on the top of that section (yes it's dusty, it's a Jeep):
You must be registered for see images attach

Used a couple of 1/2" (or 3/4", I'd have to check) #10 sheet metal screws and haven't had any problems so far.

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small note, to remove the A-Pillars, you'll need the long skinny sockets (whatever they're called). A basic socket wouldn't work for my 05', I believe they changed them around the 2005 year.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not drill the dashboard. Use some Heavy Duty 3-M double faced tape. Then when you want to remove what was installed, simply "saw" through the double-faced tape with some fishing line, and remove the tape residue with WD-40.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Small note, to remove the A-Pillars, you'll need the long skinny sockets (whatever they're called). A basic socket wouldn't work for my 05', I believe they changed them around the 2005 year.

Deep thin walled socket. Mine is the same, or appears to be anyways, I just used the 1/4 drive socket from a cheapo multi socket set and it worked ok...and it wasn't even deep. :eek: But it is a pain in the rump to get them started. :rolleyes: