Bumper Mounted Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ctnunez

Reaction score
Bumper Mounted Light Bar --- Pictures Up!

Just installed a custom made light bar. I had the idea for one when I decided that I didn't like the roof mounted ones because it interferes with my kayak. It mounts straight to the flat part of the bumper directly in front of the grill and bolts through the plastic into the crossbeam. Made of extremely sturdy 1 1/4" tubing and has 4 tabs for lights. It the perfect alternative to the factory light bar and looks just as good. My friend did all the metalwork and i just gave him the dimensions that i wanted. He is a great welder and did an excellent job putting it together and smoothed out all the welds which makes it look really professional. Its such a great addition to my liberty. I will put up more pictures that are of better quality (i took the one below with my blackberry last night when i finished mounting it) tomorrow morning so that everyone can see what it looks like (I was too anxious to get it put on so i wont be able to get any of it off my jeep).

He threw out the idea of making several more so that other people could have a better way to mount lights too. If you are interested in getting one of these let me know. Feel free to call me or e-mail me, at 912-484-0421 or [email protected]

Attachments

• Light Bar 001.JPE
    Light Bar 001.JPE
    14.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Light Bar 002.JPE
    Light Bar 002.JPE
    15.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Light Bar 003.JPE
    Light Bar 003.JPE
    15.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Light Bar 004.JPE
    Light Bar 004.JPE
    14.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Light Bar 005.JPE
    Light Bar 005.JPE
    15.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Ctnunez

Reaction score
Pretty cheap compared to what you could pay for a rack light mounts or for a factory light bar. My friend wanted to charge $225 for it but i got him to come down to $150. The reason he wanted to charge $225 was because its pretty time consuming making all the welds flush and pretty.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty cheap compared to what you could pay for a rack light mounts or for a factory light bar. My friend wanted to charge $225 for it but i got him to come down to $150. The reason he wanted to charge $225 was because its pretty time consuming making all the welds flush and pretty.
HHHMMMMM........
$150 for light bar,$65 per set of Hella lights(x2=$130)=$280

Renny light bar brand new is $350(at least that is what I got mine for at a dealership) which comes with 4 Hella lights and all the wiring/switches for a factory install.

I'll take the renny light bar for $70 more.Don't get me wrong that light bar on the bumber looks nice also but not my cup of tea,just my opinion.Good to see other options if he does plan on making more.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Yup, looks pretty good! Some daylight photo's will be nice to see.
I have one that looks very similar to yours, which I used to use on my '76 Mini.
I've been toying with the idea of modifying it slightly to fit our KJ.
It would be a nice part to utilize.

Ctnunez

Reaction score
HHHMMMMM........
$150 for light bar,$65 per set of Hella lights(x2=$130)=$280

Renny light bar brand new is $350(at least that is what I got mine for at a dealership) which comes with 4 Hella lights and all the wiring/switches for a factory install.

I'll take the renny light bar for $70 more.Don't get me wrong that light bar on the bumber looks nice also but not my cup of tea,just my opinion.Good to see other options if he does plan on making more.

Well $150 would be the price for just the light bar and no lights. I purchased 4 Hella fully sealed lights on ebay for $65 and put together a wiring kit on my own for about $20 (includes 2 LED switches, 2 in-line fuses, and 100' of 16 gauge wire). For a grand total of $235, which is a pretty good deal if you ask me. We are only trying to get some of these light bars themselves out to other KJ owners. Also he can put 2 or 3 tabs to mount lights to so that whoever gets one doesnt have to have 4 lights.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the light bar too. Modify the kayak rack or rest the keel between the 2nd and 3rd lights. I do like your light bar, I would want one with mounting for 7 lights. 4 Large on top and 3 small upside down on bottom.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Well $150 would be the price for just the light bar and no lights. I purchased 4 Hella fully sealed lights on ebay for $65 and put together a wiring kit on my own for about $20 (includes 2 LED switches, 2 in-line fuses, and 100' of 16 gauge wire). For a grand total of $235, which is a pretty good deal if you ask me. We are only trying to get some of these light bars themselves out to other KJ owners. Also he can put 2 or 3 tabs to mount lights to so that whoever gets one doesnt have to have 4 lights.

I hope that you installed relays for the two sets of hella's that you purchased!
I almost bought the same Hella's at Wal-Mart for the same price and the set of two came with a full Hella wiring harness included!
Awesome light set up.

Ctnunez

Reaction score
I hope that you installed relays for the two sets of hella's that you purchased!
I almost bought the same Hella's at Wal-Mart for the same price and the set of two came with a full Hella wiring harness included!
Awesome light set up.

I bought the lights on ebay. 4 for $65. what is a relay?

Latest posts

Members online