Best upgrades for a 4X4 liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those rims will fit,but you need the right size and bolt pattern.The bolt pattern for the KJ is 5 on 4.5,but remember just because it will bolt on doesn't mean it will work on the KJ.A 10" rim is way to wide,look at the 7" and 8" rim widths.If you do not plan on a lift then keep to the 7" wide rims with no more(or less) then 5"-5.5" BS other wise you will have rubbing issues,the 4.5" BS rims will rub like crasy unless you don't go bigger than 225/75(29" tall tires,8.5" wide).You also have to take into account the tire hieght and width,you can't put the big tires and different rims(with way less BS than stock) until you lift the KJ,and you could run into other rub issues using the tire/rim combo that doesn't rub on the un-lifted KJ.Do you plan on lifting the KJ first?

I'm not trying to cut down all your ideas just saving you the heartache of getting something that won't work.Many tire/wheel combos have been tried and we know what will and what won't work.By the way if you want the 15" rims make sure you stick with the steel rims,alloy 15"s will not work on a KJ.

chesterp

Reaction score
I understand what your saying tjkj, i do plan on lifting but i heard that they are easy to flip when lifted. Overall... i just need some good wheels and tires to go with a nice KJ. I don't want to go to school with my KJ lookin like crap :D. Anyways how much damage can a 2.5" lift do?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand what your saying tjkj, i do plan on lifting but i heard that they are easy to flip when lifted. Overall... i just need some good wheels and tires to go with a nice KJ. I don't want to go to school with my KJ lookin like crap :D. Anyways how much damage can a 2.5" lift do?
If you drive it like a lifted SUV and NOT a car you will be fine, most poeple say the KJ feels more stable after the lift due to better springs and tires.Mine feels more stable after I installed the lift but I grew up driving big trucks so I know the difference between a car and a SUV/Truck,90% of all others don't.

Gont

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those are the tires I'm gonna get. Lots of people seem to like them. I dont know anything about the wheels though, I'd say get what you think looks good.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, im having trouble finding a goodlift. Can you tell me a good one. BTW i think ive found some good tires and wheels... tell me if their right.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=BFG73110
http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=PCW152-5766
Those will work,might have some rubbing without a lift but some trimming of the front bumber and pounding down the pinch weld should take care of most of it.

As far as a good lift go for the full coil lift,it's a little more $$$ but better in the long run.Rusty's coil lift is good for a budget,about $460 but adding steel bumbers it will sag.The best lift for the KJ is the Frankinlift,about $1000,but you have a choice between 4 spring rates.I would highly stay away from spacer lifts due to killing the front struts early,but the Daystar poly lift is the best out there for spacer lifts,but will cost about $275.All prices are without install,unless you do it yourself plan on spending about $250-$400 for install.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
4wheelparts will generally list a lot of wheels as "FITTING" jeep liberty without comparing backspacing, width, etc...

Check this site as well:
http://www.bigwheels.net/index.php

this site lists the wheel and sizes that will fit without any modification, just input your jeep and stock wheels info, rest will pop up, very nice.

My kinda wheels:
http://www.bigwheels.net/index.php?...view_model&model=Assault Black&bold_id=208975

You must be registered for see images

then you click on Will Not Fit to see the reason.

Latest posts

Members online