Battery is losing voltage on ‘05 Liberty Sport with 80k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shankster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch those videos. I had the same problem a couple of years back and found the eric the car guy video. I thought chasing a parasitic drain would be incredibly time consuming but it's not - took me all of 5 minutes and I figured out the offending circuit. It happened to be the circuit the electric door locks were part of and the previous owner had installed a satellite radio and used the 12v wire off that circuit to power the satellite radio which had a constant drain. I removed the satellite radio and the problem went away. You'll also want to search for a pdf shop manual and find the wiring diagram for whatever circuit you identify with the drain so that you can hopefully narrow in on where the specific problem is.

A battery cut off switch might work in the short term but I'd think it would get really old losing your radio stations, clock etc every time. And some cars have to relearn their timing and fuel settings any time the computer gets disconnected so if that's the case for the Liberty you may be driving around a lot of the time with sub optimal performance and fuel economy. I think a better short term solution would be to pull the fuse on the offending circuit once you've identified it. Again, watch those videos - it's way easier than you might think.