2004 Liberty sport strangest thing I've ever ran across with car audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timmyalex007

Reaction score
So I've been installing after market car stereo's since I was 14 years old back then wiring harnesses weren't a thing. So on to my issues had to replace rear left window reg and motor so while I had the door apart figured it would be a good idea to upgrade rear speakers so I replaced them and a few hours after install and a short drive radio remains on but no audio from any speaker not dash, front door or new rears. Sometimes it would come on and right back off again yet bluetooth receiver continues to play and display. Decided to hardwire rear speakers with new wire to aftermarket radio harness and same result, bought another head unit same result I am baffled that replacing two speakers would cause all this, maybe a ground issue? eventhough after market head units are connected with vehicle specific metra harness to car harness. If anyone has run into this type of vehicle "possession" let me know because the fact I have no sounds is getting annoying lol. Thanks!

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
I have that issue but sadly mines going to be completely off topic from yours. because there's nothing factory in my set up. Have you tried going back with the original speakers and seeing if it goes back to playing sound

mudblood

Reaction score
So I've been installing after market car stereo's since I was 14 years old back then wiring harnesses weren't a thing. So on to my issues had to replace rear left window reg and motor so while I had the door apart figured it would be a good idea to upgrade rear speakers so I replaced them and a few hours after install and a short drive radio remains on but no audio from any speaker not dash, front door or new rears. Sometimes it would come on and right back off again yet bluetooth receiver continues to play and display. Decided to hardwire rear speakers with new wire to aftermarket radio harness and same result, bought another head unit same result I am baffled that replacing two speakers would cause all this, maybe a ground issue? eventhough after market head units are connected with vehicle specific metra harness to car harness. If anyone has run into this type of vehicle "possession" let me know because the fact I have no sounds is getting annoying lol. Thanks!
I'm not sure if this is your issue but I ran speakers off the wiring diagram from Google and the color codes seem to be ok but after hooking it up and while playing shut back door and it would quit playing sound. Man I was baffled and checked color codes and everything seemed to be right and it was playing. Turned out that I was hooked into the safety sensor wire that tells you if door is open or closed on the dash. Door open it activated the sensor and circuit so music played, shut the door and it closed the circuit and shut sound off. I had never had that happen before. But car audio friend was able to figure it out and bypassed sensor to keep music on. I'm not sure I'd have figured that out. Lol