Backflush Heater Core On 2010 Jeep Liberty Sport.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kilpatrick

Reaction score
Hello Jeep Liberty Forum,

I am getting ready to do a flush and fill on our 2010 Jeep Liberty Sport. I have read that you should backflush the heater core first. Does anyone know (or have pictures of) which hose is the inlet and which hose is the outlet on these Jeeps. I see the hose on the left 5/8" id diameter (passenger side) is smaller in diameter than the one on the right 3/4" diameter.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I believe the bigger diameter is the return line. At least it was on the auxilliary heater on an old Dodge van I had.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question, but you could turn on the heat and see which one is hotter and which is cooler. The cooler one is the return line.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just blast it in both directions if you think it's got muck in it.

Dirtyrat

Reaction score
Hello Jeep Liberty Forum,

I am getting ready to do a flush and fill on our 2010 Jeep Liberty Sport. I have read that you should backflush the heater core first. Does anyone know (or have pictures of) which hose is the inlet and which hose is the outlet on these Jeeps. I see the hose on the left 5/8" id diameter (passenger side) is smaller in diameter than the one on the right 3/4" diameter.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
I wouldn’t do that. Bleed of the air in the system. Flushing should be a last resort. Did mine and now need a new heater core. And it looked clear when the water came out

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t do that. Bleed of the air in the system. Flushing should be a last resort. Did mine and now need a new heater core. And it looked clear when the water came out
If a flush with a hose made it leak then it was already shot.

Dirtyrat

Reaction score
If a flush with a hose made it leak then it was already shot.
Correct. But it’s $1000-$1200 for a shop to replace it. Not a small job. Try bleeding the air out first. Small Allen wrench is the bleed off point