AZ Run - The Rolls and BBQ at Saguaro Lake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Rolls and BBQ at the Coves of Saguaro Lake

Spring has sprung which makes for good wheeling weather and it's a great time for a BBQ at one of the Coves at Saguaro Lake before it gets too hot.

The Rolls are not covered in Wells or Massey and Wilson books, but it's a fun area that offers many different trails that interconnect and run through the washes with short hill climbs up out of them and back down. The hill climbs range from easy to hard, whatever you want to do. The area offers something for everyone. Many first time four wheelers head out there to see what wheeling is all about. A stock Liberty does real good in this area. And, there are four coves by Saguaro Lake where we can set up camp and have a BBQ.

When: Apr 12, 2008
Meet: At the junction of Bush Hwy and Usery Pass Rd
Time: 0830
Roll Out: 0900
Difficulty Rating: Easy to hard, it’s up to you
Length: All day and then some (camping is allowed in the area)

Attendees:

AZKJ + 1
rkeegsta + 1
M&P40
Pablo
desertkj

Here's a map where we'll meet up:

You must be registered for see images

The Plan: We’ll head out to Butcher Jones Beach to get to the Rolls. Once there, we can do one of two things… go straight for the first Cove (the largest and most crowded of the four) claim a spot, set up camp and then head out for some wheeling. Or we can play all day then later in the day set up camp at one of the Coves and have our BBQ.

Everyone can bring their own food and drinks, or we can do a pot luck like we did last year in Wickenburg. Let me know what you all want to do so I can start a food list if we decide to do a pot luck. Also, post up if you can bring some kind of grill and a table or two.

Hope to see everyone one there!!!!

Also posted on AZ L.O.S.T.

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great!!! I added you and Mary to the list.

I guess we'll wait and see what everyone wants to do about the food, but I must say the jumbo dogs Casey brought the last time were pretty good!!!

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can go to this! Count me in...
my copilot w/ be Dakota!

just made it by one weekend, i wont be in town april 19/20

=0

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can go to this! Count me in...
my copilot w/ be Dakota!

just made it by one weekend, i wont be in town april 19/20

=0
Glad to hear you can make it, haven't seen you since FITS. What's your vote. bring your own food or a pot luck???

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to share! I say potluck... someone bring a decent grill and I will bring some skirt steak.
=)

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to share! I say potluck... someone bring a decent grill and I will bring some skirt steak.
=)
What happened to the jumbo dogs??? The only grill I have is the little one I used the last time we cooked out....

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happened to the jumbo dogs??? The only grill I have is the little one I used the last time we cooked out....

Well, I'd be more than happy to bring the 1/4 pound hot dogs. I don't have a portable grill though.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vern and Scott from over on LOST have signed on!!!

Pablo

Reaction score
I'm in, let me know if I can help or bring anything. I don't have a grill... but maybe I can dig one up if needed.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just added you to the list. It'll be good to see you again!!!

I'll start up a food list later in the week. All I have is the small charcoal grill I used last Oct to cook up burgers and dogs in Wickenburg.

We'll also need a table or two.

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am in as long as nothing comes up (i am not anticipating anything) i have a 4 foot charcoal grill that is too big to bring but i can bring the grate and a shovel if we want to make an in-ground grill. i am also in for whatever food item we may need just let me know.

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am going to try to make it out there as well. I wont know until we are closer to the event. Also, for the grilling, we could take a few blocks in which to mount Robert's grate...that way we may not get too much dust on our food :D

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carlos... glad to have you along!!! Will you be by yourself or do you have a co-pilot? I'll add you as a maybe for now....

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to see if my wife wants to come along since this is not a challenging trip but we will know next week. I'll let you know as soon as possible and that way you can count us in to take some food or drinks.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neatus, from LOST with three friends has signed on!!!

Added jeep108 from LOST to the list as a maybe....

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I responded to your PM AZKJ. I'm definitely in, I just need to be back for a business school dinner by 5.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I responded to your PM AZKJ. I'm definitely in, I just need to be back for a business school dinner by 5.
Sorry I missed your original "I'm in" post. Added you to the list. Check out the Food List thread for what's still needed.

See ya Saturday.... :)

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good morning yall, yawn.... see ya in a few ...

Corbin my man, i aint got no fire, i quit smokin ya know if id ah known... --5th element