AZ, Apache junc area, day trip sat or sun june 9 or 10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Litchfield Road and Indian School at that Safeway sounds good. I'll make sure the Motorola's charged up.

I hope we have some more sign up. I'm thinking five would be good. Maybe Corwyyn will show up.
Did someone mention my name? :p Been movign house the last couple of weekends so I haven't been on the internet much.

I'm up for this one, I could use a nice break this weekend from all the sorting and storing at the new place. I did 4 peaks in my KJ two weeks after I bought it and before I had any skids underneath, so I know it's doable by a totally stock Liberty. We'll probably see a bit of traffic out there but it may not be too bad. Oh and o8k, you can knock about ten miles off your route - you've got it ending about that far past the turnoff for 4 peaks.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday.

EDIT: I have a couple of FRS radios if anyone needs one.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet that makes 4, will check lost here and see if the count is up.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...you guys arent planning on running these washboard roads at 60 or anything are you?
At least 60, faster going downhill... J/K. We like to take it easy, with stops for pictures, enjoying the scenery and the ride.

Okay, it looks like we're on for Saturday. Any other ladies coming besides my wife?

What FRS radio channel/security code does everyone want to use so I can set my radio before hand, instead of fumbling around with it on the trail?

It's going to be a long, hot day. Pack something to eat, bring lots of water and don't forget your camera. See everyone Saturday AM.... :)

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't tell you all how excited I'm getting for Saturday now that it is all coming together.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't tell you all how excited I'm getting for Saturday now that it is all coming together.
And here comes the black cloud on the horizon :( :p Not even an hour after posting that I'd be able to make this I get onto the floor at work and find out we are scheduled for six hours of OT Saturday :mad: There is a *slim* possibility that they will cancel so I'll keep my fingers crossed. As for the FRS, we genrally run Ch. 4 with code 1 (we also run Ch. 4 on the CB since thats a common channel for OHV use around here).

Shoulda just kept my mouth shut and just went out on Saturday, but I can always use the OT money...

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And here comes the black cloud on the horizon :( :p Not even an hour after posting that I'd be able to make this I get onto the floor at work and find out we are scheduled for six hours of OT Saturday :mad: There is a *slim* possibility that they will cancel so I'll keep my fingers crossed. As for the FRS, we genrally run Ch. 4 with code 1 (we also run Ch. 4 on the CB since thats a common channel for OHV use around here).

Shoulda just kept my mouth shut and just went out on Saturday, but I can always use the OT money...

Damn it Corwyyn! :mad: (I'm just kidding, I know OT is always good for the bank account).

Ummkay......So count is back to three.......:(

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn it Corwyyn! :mad: (I'm just kidding, I know OT is always good for the bank account).

Ummkay......So count is back to three.......:(
Three is 3x better than zero, but you're right, more is better.... :) ;) :D

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we are back to 4, Tom (aka Renstock) chimed in over at LOST so he is putting his chips in. I bought a 3 pack of motorlolla radios over at costco yesterday so i have a few extra. Corwyyn, whos not going, =( suggested chan 4 sub 1 for our channel, sounds good to me.

Corwyyn, hope all goes well for ya, but if the OT falls through, love to see ya there man.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and do we want to post this over on LOST or just keep it a jeepkj.com trip?
It's okay with me, but run it by o8k, he posted the trip....
Just a thought... do you all want to limit this trip just to the KJ community? If you want more participation, there are some folks over at AZVJC (Arizona Virtuial Jeep Club) that are looking for some easy and scenic trips who may be interested.

For you guys back East, here's a photo looking down onto a portion of the Apache Trail...

You must be registered for see images

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a thought... do you all want to limit this trip just to the KJ community? If you want more participation, there are some folks over at AZVJC (Arizona Virtuial Jeep Club) that are looking for some easy and scenic trips who may be interested.

For you guys back East, here's a photo looking down onto a portion of the Apache Trail...

As long as its not guys in full tube framed rock buggies, I wouldn't mind, but just like with LOST, its up to o8k.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as its not guys in full tube framed rock buggies, I wouldn't mind, but just like with LOST, its up to o8k.
Ya know, I've just spent some time over at AZVJC looking around (haven't been on that board in several years) and I withdraw my invite. Most are into the ******** stuff. I vote, let's keep it a KJ thing, but then you never know, there are a few people looking for easy runs. It's up to o8k....

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...that Apache Trail is a beautiful place.

You guys out west have so much more trails than we do. I'm looking forward to pictures if you put them up.

If I was close enough to go, you wouldn't have to ask me twice.

Dave

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...that Apache Trail is a beautiful place.

You guys out west have so much more trails than we do. I'm looking forward to pictures if you put them up.

If I was close enough to go, you wouldn't have to ask me twice.

Dave

Yeah, we're pretty lucky out here, we can't ask for much more. If we get tired of the desert, there's always the mountains in Colorado and slickrock in Moab. You know tho, I still miss the green from back east.

You want pictures, you got them. Here are a couple of teasers taken on the Apache Trail this past February....

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well this is my first exposure, so i wouldnt mind keeping it simple and not huge. I would love to meet up w/ anyone who likes wheelin, not just KJ folks, but as mentioned in the LOST forum, the Crown King run may be more apropriate for such things.

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new at all this (just got my kj last week) and the trail sounds like fun. However, I've never been 4x4, SO if I go will anyone be willing to talk me through things?!?! Thanks:) :D

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new at all this (just got my kj last week) and the trail sounds like fun. However, I've never been 4x4, SO if I go will anyone be willing to talk me through things?!?! Thanks:) :D
Welcome to the forum AND congats on your new Liberty!!!

Come on out, everyone is welcome. We're meeting at 8:30 and pulling out by 9:00.

There really isn't all that much to learn until you get into the harder trails. Check out this link and it will give you just about everything you need to know to get started.

It's gonna be a long day, so bring something for lunch, plenty of water, and a FRS radio (if you don't have one, no problem, we have extra ones you can use). Oh, and a camera if you have one.

See you Saturday.... :)

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Absolutely. I've never been seriously offroad either, so this is going to be my first true run as well. It should be at an easy pace over very easy, but scenic, terrain.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o8k...

It looks like you have a pretty good turn out!!! :D
Are there anymore wifes or girlfriends coming beside my wife?

So far I count five, maybe six:

Definite:

- o8k
- desertkj
- AZKJ w/Beth
- Renstock (from L.O.S.T)
- minimedic

Maybe:

- Corwyyn

See everyone tomorrow morning.... :D :cool: :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.