AZ, Apache junc area, day trip sat or sun june 9 or 10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. I've never been seriously offroad either, so this is going to be my first true run as well. It should be at an easy pace over very easy, but scenic, terrain.
What happened to running 60 on washboard roads and even faster downhill like we talked about earlier in this thread??? J/K :D

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hehe yall er funny. Ill be solo too, no GF as im brand spankin new to the area. Hope your wife wont feel left out. Totaly psyched about the trip tomorrow will come fast. Suppose we are still 4.

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I get directions coming from Queen Creek. For some reason I thought this is in Apache Junction area, but from the looks at one of the maps it looks to be near Seguaro Lake area. Just trying to figure out drive time (wouldn't want to be late my first time!).

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I get directions coming from Queen Creek. For some reason I thought this is in Apache Junction area, but from the looks at one of the maps it looks to be near Seguaro Lake area. Just trying to figure out drive time (wouldn't want to be late my first time!).

I don't know that side of town very well once you get out of Scottsdale. Here are the directions o8k posted that I will be following (hopefully he's right since I'm following him out there lol).

Hopefully somebody can give you more detailed instructions this afternoon if those aren't good enough.

By the way, I'm looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

EDIT: Sorry, screwed up the first link. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=33.4866575088%2C-112.300309375%20(%22Bill%20%26%20Pats%20House%22)&daddr=Beeline%20Hwy%2C%20AZ&ie=utf-8&v=2.1&cv=4.0.2742&hl=en

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and we may all want to exchange cell phone numbers via PM in case someone gets lost or is running behind.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

From QC easiest way would be up Power until it turns to Bush Highway, then go out past Saguaro to the intersection with Hwy 87. Turn right and go about 4.5 miles to the Sycamore Creek/Four Peaks turnoff and hang a right. Theres a parking area with restrooms on top of the first big hill that would probably make a good meeting spot. As of now I am working tomorrow so I'll just have to do this one solo sometime...

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hehe yall er funny. Ill be solo too, no GF as im brand spankin new to the area. Hope your wife wont feel left out. Totaly psyched about the trip tomorrow will come fast. Suppose we are still 4.
Nope, the wife will be just fine, she's a very outgoing person. She's a great spotter too, but she won't have much spotting to do this trip. :(

I counted 5, maybe 6....

- o8k
- desertkj
- AZKJ w/Beth
- Renstock (from L.O.S.T)
- minimedic

- Corwyyn (a maybe)

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The cut off to Four Peaks road is about 35 miles/45 minutes from Queen Creek.

Directions from Queen Creek:

- Ellsworth Rd and go North
- Cross over US 60
- Cross Broadway Rd and keep going North
- Pass by Usery Mountain Recreation Area
- Bush Hwy and turn Right
- Pass by several turn-offs to Saguaro Lake on the Right
- SR 87 and turn Right towards Payson
- Four Peaks Rd is on the Right just past MM 203 (it's signed)

See everyone in the AM at the parking area off Four Peaks Rd!!! :D :cool: :)

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank y'all for the directions. Oh and by the way, I'm a girl, my bf has to work (he gets to see the pics)!! LOL :D So that makes 2!! I'll check back later for who to send my cell number to and/or who's to get. Getting excitied about doing this, woohoo!!

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bad ****! this will be a fantastic turnout. see yall in the morning

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright everyone. I had a lot of fun and hope to go again. I got kinda lost in Apache Junction and I realized I'm sunburnt, but a great day overall. I'm in the process of updating pictures and creating a trip report for the site.

EDIT: Okay. Pictures posted in the pics section!

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just got home from a FUN day on the trail. It was a great day wheeling and we meet some really nice people. You couldn't ask for a better group to hit the trail with.

We had "6" KJ's show up....

o8k
desertkj
Corwyyn
minimedic
rkeegstra (from L.O.S.T.)
AZKJ

Not a bad turn out for having posted the idea for a run only four days ago. Thanks to o8k for tossing the idea out there to make this run happen. Corwyyn lead the trip most of the day and I ate a lot of dust playing tail gunner.

A few pictures I took today....

The group threading their way up Four Peaks Mountain....:)

Break time (Corwyyn is hiding at the front of the line).... ;)

Here is minimedic in her new week old KJ and this is her first 4x4 run. She's making her very first hill climb and decent. Can you say, "bittten by the Jeep bug today and is now hooked on four wheeling"???? :p

Here comes Corywwn.... :cool:

o8k was the Flex Champion today (and I won't mention how he got up there).... :D

I lost the Flex Contest, but the winner didn't play fair....:p

Guys, we had a great time today and hope to see you all again soon!!!! ;)

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great trip

just got back and finished hosing all the dust off the beast. i want to extend a big thank you to everyone who made it out on such short notice, i had a fantastic first az run, everyone was wonderful and friendly. x2 on the pic posts will post soon as i get them organized. looking forward to some more trips

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!! What a great day! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd have this much fun and meet such wonderful people!! Can't wait to start putting gear on my KJ so I can do harder trails and climbs. Thanks to everyone for teaching me "4x4 101" (although my tires didn't stay on the trail a couple of times):) Can't wait to do it again! And..
YES I'VE BEEN BITTEN BY THE JEEP BUG!! :D :) :p

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto here, although I still haven't hosed the dust off or buffed out the brush scratches from the sandbowl.

Thanks to y'all for a great run!

A few pics in the pic forum thread from us with maybe more to come as we sort through them.

Russ & Mary.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto here, although I still haven't hosed the dust off or buffed out the brush scratches from the sandbowl.

Thanks to y'all for a great run!

A few pics in the pic forum thread from us with maybe more to come as we sort through them.

Russ & Mary.

Welcome to the forum!!!! Great "moon" shot.... ;)

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i cheated =p

So i had to use my RockStacker-2000 mod to climb that rock but hey, sometimes ya do what ya gotta!