Are JBA UCA's as necessary as Marlin Gehman makes them sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlicata

Reaction score
Thanks, I ended up getting the JBA UCA's.. as much as it hurts my 20 year old wallet

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the JBA SS brake line kit sitting in the basement, waiting for my rear shoes to reach the end of their life, then doing a brake job. The rear brake line gets pretty taught when I'm working on the rear, and it's fully drooped out. Sketched me out first time I saw it.

thats the same thing i did with my 05 except i went with goodridge lines. the piece of mind it gives me is worth the few bucks they cost.

dlicata

Reaction score
New question: I have my car back together in the front, and it seems to be sitting too high.. the UCA is much closer to the coil than it should be I think, but I've followed all the research I've done around on the forum. It's a Bilstein shock for liberty, with a OME medium coil, and two 1/8" clevis spacers. The wheels are cambered into the bottom a little bit if that has anything to do with it. The stock measure from wheel center to the top of the fender is 19" correct? Any help is appreciated!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
New question: I have my car back together in the front, and it seems to be sitting too high.. the UCA is much closer to the coil than it should be I think, but I've followed all the research I've done around on the forum. It's a Bilstein shock for liberty, with a OME medium coil, and two 1/8" clevis spacers. The wheels are cambered into the bottom a little bit if that has anything to do with it. The stock measure from wheel center to the top of the fender is 19" correct? Any help is appreciated!

You installed new UCAs correct? Did you tighten them only after full weight on the ground, if not loosen and retighten, PLUS until its aligned it will sit higher.
Medium coils and then added 1/4 inch clevis should only be about 2-2.25 inches . Why mediums?? Just curious

dlicata

Reaction score
Just in case I ever decide to put anything on the front, like a custom bull bar or a winch. Also good to know, thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just in case I ever decide to put anything on the front, like a custom bull bar or a winch. Also good to know, thanks

If you are ever going to go aftermarket bumper the mediums will never hold up. We use the 927s ( the HDs rated at 400 lb) on everyone we install and then 790s ( for CRDs ) with aftermarket bumpers and winch.
Mediums are only rated at 375 lb.

dlicata

Reaction score
Great to know! Someday I may put an ARB bumper on it but that wont happen until I'm making much more money than I am, and college slows down a bit. For now it wouldn't be anything over 75 lbs, probs a farm jack mount on a custom stinger bar.