ABS Module location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k21975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Can anyone help me find the location where this module goes? I was told by a Jeep dealer that it needed replacing, so I ordered it. After three weeks it has finally come in, but I'm not sure where it goes. :( I've done a bit of searching, but ABS will not work in the search because it is too short. So for anyone else searching for info like this... Antilock brake module anti lock anti-lock.

Thanks for the help.

k21975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I found where it goes and got the new part in... but, now the ABS light is flashing. Before, I had the MIL, Brake and ABS lights on solid and the error code was for the Rear Speed sensor. (It wasn't getting power from the module according to the Jeep dealership.)

Does this module need programming of some sort?

Thanks.

k21975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next... I took it for a little test drive. Now the Brake and ABS lights are back on solid, but no MIL light so no error codes to tell me what's up. :(

02projectkj

Reaction score
Next... I took it for a little test drive. Now the Brake and ABS lights are back on solid, but no MIL light so no error codes to tell me what's up. :(
Where is the module located? Front or rear of vehicle? Just need to know for brake-bleeding purposes. Thanks

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 2006 the module attached to Hcu (hydraulic control unit) is behind the battery next to booster.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-15-21-36-38-921_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-15-21-36-38-921_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 4