Traction control & ABS indication lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grand Alpha

Reaction score
We have a 2011 Liberty, when driving the traction control & ABS indicating lights come at the same time and will stay on until the engine is turned off and restarted. Often the light come back on…I had issues with the windshield wiper switch so I replaced it and the headlight switches, which took care of that issue and the traction control & ABS lights stayed off for several short trips, but on a longer trip, 20 miles or so, the lights came on. Where do I start looking for the fix?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One or more of your wheel sensors isn't working or has a wiring fault, visually check the wiring on all 4, a garage with a decent code reader will be able to see which sensors are in fault if there is no obvious issue.

Grand Alpha

Reaction score
One or more of your wheel sensors isn't working or has a wiring fault, visually check the wiring on all 4, a garage with a decent code reader will be able to see which sensors are in fault if there is no obvious issue.
Thank you! I will check that out!

JeepLibertyKK

Reaction score
We have a 2011 Liberty, when driving the traction control & ABS indicating lights come at the same time and will stay on until the engine is turned off and restarted. Often the light come back on…I had issues with the windshield wiper switch so I replaced it and the headlight switches, which took care of that issue and the traction control & ABS lights stayed off for several short trips, but on a longer trip, 20 miles or so, the lights came on. Where do I start looking for the fix?
Had a similar issue with my 2012 Liberty. Took it to AutoZone and they pulled the codes that indicated a drivers’ side rear ABS sensor. Replaced both rear sensors and problem solved.