3rd annual Fun In The Sun Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i may take interest in that caravan...
...only if you behave yourself!!! :p

Let us know and if you want, we could find a place to meet that is more centrally located for you.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're leaving Beth's work at 1430 and on the road heading north by 1500. For those that can't or don't want to leave town that early, CMax26az posted over on L.O.S.T. an interst in leaving Phoenix 1830-1900 time frame.

Just a note, with the weekend of the 19th being a holiday weekend, I'd suggest leaving Phoenix as early as you can because of all the traffic that will be leaving town on I-17....

Last edited:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a note, with the weekend of the 19th being a holiday weekend, I'd suggest leaving Phoenix as early as you can because of all the traffic that will be leaving town on I-17....
x2, I should be leaving here by 9am Friday so I can get up there and help out with greeting all you fine folks :)

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will be leaving pretty early as well, i am anxious to get away from the fast life for a bit, plus i have not been up there so i may do some exploring.(bump)

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ping! back to the top! Trip's commin up... oh ya!!!

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep just a few more days to go!!!

Everyone be sure to dress warm, especially if you're camping. The temps are supposed to be: 18th 55/23, 19th 58/26 and the 20th 56/30. A tad cold, but plenty of sunshine. Brrrr Siver, Shiver....

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am going old school with the tent and all. i am thinkikng 6 layers and my mummy sleeping bag. i like fire so i have been looking forward to roasting some mellows and "chilling" by the fire.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can i crash yr camp site?

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure. i have a 12X12 tent i am bringing. the air mattress is the way to go, the one i have is twin so you have to bring your own if you want it, but there is plenty of room.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When are you roasting marshmellows? If it's Fridat night we'll stop by!!!!

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
friday is good. i think i will be roasting both nights but friday sounds like less is going on with the group. i will be bringing plenty so if anyone else is interested feelfree to stop by!

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure. i have a 12X12 tent i am bringing. the air mattress is the way to go, the one i have is twin so you have to bring your own if you want it, but there is plenty of room.

wonderful, i have a mummy bag rated to -25 and my own air mattress too, and your offer sounds more luxurious than the back of my jeep does, ill take it! :D

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
friday is good. i think i will be roasting both nights but friday sounds like less is going on with the group. i will be bringing plenty so if anyone else is interested feelfree to stop by!
Good deal!!! We'll be by Friday evening after we get settled in the motel. Anything you want us to bring?

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing in particular i am bringing some metal hangers and wire cutters, if you want to roast your mellows with anything else you would need to bring it.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think a few brews may be in order.... :D

EDIT: /me slaps self Where are you staying? i suppose i could call you when i start heading up there and be all like... omg where am i going man! but i donno... i hope i can get off early friday afternoon, but i may be stuck leaving at 5-6pm er so friday evening.....

Last edited:

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think a few brews may be in order.... :D

EDIT: /me slaps self Where are you staying? i suppose i could call you when i start heading up there and be all like... omg where am i going man! but i donno... i hope i can get off early friday afternoon, but i may be stuck leaving at 5-6pm er so friday evening.....

i will be at the group camp site at the dead horse state park from what i gather it is on the left after you enter the park. just look for my jeep and a big tent lol my map software says it will take 2 hrs to get there basically you take 17 up to the cottonwood exit and i believe it is a turn off on main street in cottonwood

Last edited:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to a map on Google Maps that shows where the park is. Take exit 287 off of I-17 and head west to Cottonwood, it'll eventually intersect Main St. Turn left on Main and follow it up and around to N. 10th St, then turn right on 10th and follow it into the park. For those with GPS the entrance to the park is 34° 45.222'N 112° 1.303'W. I'm gonna try like heck to make it up there Friday, if not I might make it in time for the BBQ dinner and raffle Saturday nite.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it time to go yet????????

Kevin, after all the anticipation, you're not doing the run?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it time to go yet????????

Kevin, after all the anticipation, you're not doing the run?
I am going to try like heck to get up there and do it, but I have a CT scan tomorrow morning in preparation for my gall bladder surgery and sometimes the chemicals they inject make me feel bleeeh. Not (blarg) bleeeh, just not well enough to do anything constructive. But if I feel good afterwards then I'll pack up the Jeep and hit the road around noon-1pm. I did get the super-dooper raffle prize to Todd so it will be there even if I'm not.