3rd annual Fun In The Sun Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed two trips twice the fun

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kevin... when are they going to post the trails and on what dates they are being run? We'd like to attend, but want to know what's going on on what date.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kevin... when are they going to post the trails and on what dates they are being run? We'd like to attend, but want to know what's going on on what date.
I shall try to have the details ASAP (hopefully by this weekend if not sooner).

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant wait, should be fun... get em details mang!

unless nature is doing somthing weird, i probably wont shoot another pic of chicken point... :D

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure what BA is =\ Just burned out on chicken point photos is all :D

phxtoad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

To echo what Kevin said - the main runs are scheduled for Saturday only. Sunday there will probably be small groups heading off to different trails, but nothing 'official'. We are trying to avoid large groups on Broken Arrow, etc. since it is so congested.

Saturday night is the BBQ and raffle, with other activities planned!

If you are feeling like seeing some live music - then later Saturday night in Jerome at the Spirit Room there's a couple great bands playing - Los Guys and Tramps and Theives.

Todd
________
HONDA CBF600 SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, Tammy has posted the info for FITS over on LOST, here's a link to the post. As she mentioned the trails we are running are courtesy of the offroad club up there (Verde Valley 4-Wheelers I believe) and are not listed in Wells or any of the available guides. This should ensure less traffic and more time to enjoy the trails :)

CMax26az

Reaction score
hello all,

I'm New here and the recently the new owner of a brand new 07' KJ (the very last NEW 07 4x4 in the phx metro area in fact). Me and my Fiance' want to come on this FITS trip, the KJ is basicly stock, it's a sport with stock skid plate/tow hook group. Now before you get real nervous, I'm not a total novice, I used to go wheelin' alot in my old 00' dodge dakota, I work in the automotive industry and have plans for the new KJ, however, thoes plans will not be fulfilled prior to this trip. I see from the information that skockers are welcome, I also (regretably) will have the stock goodyears on, the tire and rim combo I want will not be in the budget for a few months.

Anyway just wanted to say hello and see if anyone will be heading up the 17 on friday sometime after 6'ish that we could roll up with, we live in Anthem and could meet up.

From the information i have been reading on the many jeep forums, CB's seem popular to have for these events, is that true? I have one i was considering installing..

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to KJ Country!!!!

Stock KJ, hrm, there are some trails you will do just fine on. You have a very capable 4x4 on your hands! There are plenty of trails up there you'll be fine on, and others that are doable but HARD to do stock.

Broken arrow should be doable stock minus the steps, but w/ no skids, i would be quite watchfull and have a spotter on several of the obsticles, including the gate keeper (****** pan danger mostly).

Soldier's Pass has a pretty narly gate keeper and a tough spot headed out to the sinkhole, thats about it. I would not reccomend that trail w/ out at least some skids under there and some bigger tires. but could be surf'ed non-lifted fairly well.

Most of the trails in sedona where build for the purpose of entertaining an audiance (e.g. the pink jeep tour folks) so most of the obsticles have little or no articulation requirements, but lots of fun ups and downs. I would venture to say that even included the steps b4 they where worn down to nasty ruts.

oh my i forgot, There are a few of us who have CB's Corwwyn, Oldhockyweb, and others. I do not. i carry an FRS/GMRS radio, that is our defacto standard comm unit. :D

Last edited:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Casey did you mean 'Corwyyn' and 'Oldhockeyvb'? :D Just yankin' yer string although it can't be that hard to spell my user name - one 'w', two 'y''s, that's it. Oh well I'm tired right now so I think I'll go to bed...

And welcome Cmax! By all means come on out and enjoy the runs, if you have the stock skids (engine, ******, t-case and gas tank) then you're ahead of the curve. The SR/A's actually won't do too bad in the dirt, it's the wet stuff that shows their pathetic side ;) If you haven't done so yet register over on LOST and post up in the thread. And when you register, be sure to fill out as much of the info as you can on what type Jeep you have and all that, it'll make the process much faster.

CMax26az

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, we are looking foward to the trip!

Yes i know how the pathetic side of the SR/A's can be brought out by mud, gotta hate that, but thats ok, before i get a good set of rock rails im not looking to go crazy, we just want to spend some time enjoying the wilderness and camping with like minded folks. thats cool about the CB's, we also have FRS radios so i will have both.

do we need to register for camping spaces or anything?

ALSO: maby someone can help me with this:

could you pass this message on to a moderator on lostkjs.com....

I registered on the site but when I did my browser had an error occour and i had to reload the page, I never got an email from the site to activate. now it says my user name and email are in use but I cant login. When I try to send a PW reset email it says the account is inactive and to refer to the activation email (which i never got)... HELP, please email me.

UN: CMax26az
EM: [email protected]

I cant get onto that site at all right now, i tried to email [email protected] for help but the email bounced because that emails inbox is full and there is no link for anyone to contact on the lostkjs.com site.

If someone could pass this along I would be greatfull, i want to get onto that forum.

my list for the KJ:
tow-strap
shovel
tire gauge
jumper cables
radios
tire iron
fix-a-flat

anyone want to add any suggestions..?

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!!!

I would add an air compressor to the top of your list.

You must be registered for see images

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, we're in!!! LOL Kevin... I saw over on LOST someone already added us to the list.

We'll be heading up to Cottonwood the night before on the 18th and will be staying in the Super 8. All we need is the meeting time at Dead Horse SP on the 19th.

If anyone is driving up on Friday and wants to caravan, let us know. We'll be leaving from the DHL headquarters building in Tempe on Washington, east of Center Pkwy, between 1430 - 1500.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i may take interest in that caravan...

Signcutter21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah AJ that was me, I knew you couldn't resist a great Sedona trip. lol Glad you and Beth will be able to make it. We're gonna have a great ol time.

Craig, glad you too are going to going. Great way to meet newer and vetern wheelers as well as check out everybody elses setups. We wil be running CB and FMRS too.

If you look through the FITS section (about middle of the main board on LOST) you'll be able to find all the info about the run and camping/ hotels ect. We are baseing everything out of Deadhorse Camp grounds.

Looking forward to meeting you.

mike

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look through the FITS section (about middle of the main board on LOST) you'll be able to find all the info about the run and camping/ hotels ect. We are baseing everything out of Deadhorse Camp grounds.
I updated my original post with a link to the section Mike is referring to (just so no one has to hunt too hard :))