General Grabber AT2 - National Backorder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this bit of information.

After waiting weeks/months to get these tires, I finally gave up. And I decided to contact the manufacture.

This was their response:

Dear Jonathan,

[Web Inquiry: 111112-000004]

Thank you for contacting Customer Relations at Continental Tire the Americas, LLC.

The General Grabber AT2 tires size 235/70 R16 and 245/70 R16 tires are on a national backorder. At this time, we do not have dates for when the tires will become available. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Hopefully no one will need a replacement anytime soon lol. I had every big and small name tire shop check their stock, no one has them.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditto up here in Canada, eh... my tire guy told me 2-3 weeks, last week. I don't know if he has inside information or if he's just guessing.

I also phoned Continental back in October, and they told me sometime in November/December.

I guess they go all out making snow tires in the fall?

I'm still holding out, we'll see how it goes :)

Pippobug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Looks like there is a bit of a wait for the Grabbers AT2 ( i am in the UK). I looked for them about a month ago and could get them, would have had to wait about 10 days, but instead I could have immediately the NEW AT Grabbers.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have had them on for about a month and they are great very quite and very well manored on the road. This weekend I managed to take my KJ off road and some gentle offroad ( sort of) and they perfomed very well. I was following a LR 90TD5 on AT2 and I follow him all over the place. Only on one occasion I didn't manage to following due to grip but then on the next occasion where he didn't make it through I did with no problems at all. I personally are very impressed with them it seams the do have great traction on mixed surfaces such as wet grass and sand & muddy surfaces. We did keep out of deap mud holes as we wouldn't have made it though without propar MT. We had layed out a bit of a circuit up and down a trailer run that was a bit damp. We also had another vehicle try it and he got through with on problem and this was the vehicle:

It's a Land Rover S1 1956 86 Inc on 7.00 R 16

If you want more info as I have heard you might not get them over in the US/Canada yet this is the link:
http://www.generaltire.eu/generator/www/com/en/generaltire/automobile/themes/4x4_tyres/rough/grabber-at/details/videos_en.html

Fil.

Last edited: