New bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoverKJ

Reaction score
I havent been on LOST for awhile and didnt realize it was down until today, then started going trhough the other sites I was registered on to see what was going on. Well since I am the site I might as well post up pix of my new front bumper.

You must be registered for see images attach

DoverKJ

Reaction score
I had a custom bumper fabricator make it. I wish I could of made it myself but I dont know how to weld nor do I have the time to learn at the moment.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks really nice. I like the receiver in the middle too. Now you need a shackle for it.

Dave

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome bumper!!!
Are those led lights?
How much did it cost?

FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!

DoverKJ

Reaction score
I havent relocated the washer bottle yet, running without at the moment.

They are not LED's yet, but I am planning on changing out to LED because the turn signal is just not bright enough.

Tow hooks are gone, have the clevis tabs for the d-rings and will probably get another receiver shackle to have three tow point on the front. The bumper re-uses the holes for the two hooks, so in theory I could put them back on if I wanted too.

The main bumper is 3/16" and the light bucket area is 1/8". There is 1/4" angle iron mounting it to inside the uniframe rails with grade 8 bolts to secure it.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dover, the bumper look great!! Need to get some d-ring shackles to finish it off. If you'd like I can take a picture of where I relocated the washer bottle, won't be able to post the pics until later today.

DoverKJ

Reaction score
That would be great. Also maybe what you used for a bottle as well. LOST had a post about some custom washer bottles, but i cannot remember the site. They were a bit more expensive then the autozone overflow bottle, but the pump hooked right up.

ga_repoman

Reaction score
tell you buddy that if he could turn them out i bet he could sell a couple to lost members

looks really good now go test it out tow a truck or hit a tree with it

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use a coolant bottle from advance auto. It was pretty cheap. Used a hole saw to mount the pump. Used some RTV on the rubber gasket to seal the pump. Extended the wiring and filled the bottle.

Here is the bottle I used.

1.5QT Coolant Bottle

DoverKJ

Reaction score
I got a very good deal on the bumper, way lower then he should have sold it for, but he quoted me a price and stuck too it. He ran into several problems while making the bumper including the front end on my jeep is not square and the left and rights sides are not the same. He said that this is not a problem limited to just KJ, but Grands and Cherokees have the same problems.

dog_party

Reaction score
Very nice bumper! Definitely tell this person that there is a potential buying market for his bumper!

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in pics:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I havent relocated the washer bottle yet, running without at the moment.

They are not LED's yet, but I am planning on changing out to LED because the turn signal is just not bright enough.

Tow hooks are gone, have the clevis tabs for the d-rings and will probably get another receiver shackle to have three tow point on the front. The bumper re-uses the holes for the two hooks, so in theory I could put them back on if I wanted too.

The main bumper is 3/16" and the light bucket area is 1/8". There is 1/4" angle iron mounting it to inside the uniframe rails with grade 8 bolts to secure it.

How is it bolted on and with how many bolts ?
Thanks

Tom