Problem with Lovells Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gretzky

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
First i want to sorry for my english.
I have a problem with my KJ 3.7 2002.
Two month ago, I instaled lovells springs HD 2" to my car. I have 22.5 " from middle of wheel to feder. When i drove car in the hole in road a heard a bad nosie(Bang!)
My mechanic said that i have to short shocks in front and rear. On the back i mounted special distance od shock(homemade part)
and eveythink on rear is good. But the problem on front are still.
On polish jeep forum, told me that 2" shocks are the same long as stock shocks.
You must be registered for see images

Please guys what i must to do.

Gretzky

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
First i want to sorry for my english.
I have a problem with my KJ 3.7 2002.
Two month ago, I instaled lovells springs HD 2" to my car. I have 22.5 " from middle of wheel to feder. When i drove car in the hole in road a heard a bad nosie(Bang!)
My mechanic said that i have to short shocks in front and rear. On the back i mounted special distance od shock(homemade part)
and eveythink on rear is good. But the problem on front are still.
On polish jeep forum, told me that 2" shocks are the same long as stock shocks.

Please guys what i must to do.

Gretzky

Hello Gretzky
First thing , if you are at 22.5 that is not a 2 inch lift, that 3.5 inch lift and would need different upper control arms in front.
My first thought is that the coil spring in front is hitting the upper control arm. Could you take some pictures of the springs/ shocks front and rear ?
You do use the same front shocks when lifting so that should not be a problem, not sure what you did in the rear but need extended length there
So first check for coil spring/ UCA contact in front
and send some more pictures of suspension
Never heard of the springs you are using so have no idea how good/ bad they are .
Great looking Liberty by the way, always love black ones

Tom

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are you using stock length shocks in the rear? I'd get some longer ones in there as well. Replace the brackets with longer shocks to get more flex/ better ride.

Tom is always right....so I bet it's the UCA contact thing, but I'd double check torque specs on everything. Was the final torque down done with the Jeep on the ground? Should have been.

Sharp Jeep and welcome to the forum.

Gretzky

Reaction score
Yes, in the rear are stock;)

Sorry Guys, what is a "UCA"?

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Gretzky
First thing , if you are at 22.5 that is not a 2 inch lift, that 3.5 inch lift and would need different upper control arms in front.
My first thought is that the coil spring in front is hitting the upper control arm. Could you take some pictures of the springs/ shocks front and rear ?
You do use the same front shocks when lifting so that should not be a problem, not sure what you did in the rear but need extended length there
So first check for coil spring/ UCA contact in front
and send some more pictures of suspension
Never heard of the springs you are using so have no idea how good/ bad they are .
Great looking Liberty by the way, always love black ones

Tom
Lovells are an Aussie made spring with a good reputation. No idea what their KJ lifted springs are like though

2004 3.7 limited

mass-hole

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my jeep with OME springs and upper plate/clevis spacer. Bumps and holes in the road caused the UCA to hit the spring and bang. I already have the JBA arms so I decided to remove my clevis spacer and lower the jeep slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gretzky

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my jeep with OME springs and upper plate/clevis spacer. Bumps and holes in the road caused the UCA to hit the spring and bang. I already have the JBA arms so I decided to remove my clevis spacer and lower the jeep slightly.

After added UCA from JBA the problem stoped?
I think that my shock in strut is too short.
Spring is HD...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
After added UCA from JBA the problem stoped?
I think that my shock in strut is too short.
Spring is HD...

If you used the right shock for a Jeep liberty in front then its the right one, there isn't any others that fit and work

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Thats what trying to lift too high without the JBA arms and with that much height they will. Without arms have to stay below 3.25 or sometimes 3 inches