Window Vent Visor Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone - looking into getting a set of nice smoke vent visors. I was going to ask for them for Christmas. I do NOT want the "in-channel" ones however - I want the rear doors to cover the full window. I want this mostly because Chrysler apparently can't make window seals that last more than 6 months as mine were replaced twice under warranty and have already shrunk on the upper corners. I figure these will hide it and assist in keeping water/ice out of there.

So, any recommendations as to a good quality set?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AVS will cover the entire rear window?

What's annoying is any pics I look at aren't showing the actual KJ application - they show it on a crew cab pickup or something.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are the OEM style and came with my Libby from the dealership.
You must be registered for see images attach

Even though they are only stuck on they haven't come off yet. I find them handy in wet weather, I can crack the windows down just a bit without any water getting in.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the OEM ones and like them. Haven't had an issue with them yet.

Sent from my iPhone

1ATony

Reaction score
I have the AVS ones on my 04 Grand.I like them. Hey on those door seals I know exactly what your talking about.

What to do is (this is what I did on the grand),if the weatherstrip is in good shape peel it off and buy some 3M weatherstrip adhesive and glue it back on.Then it won't fall and droop anymore.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the AVS ones and they look the exact same as the OEM ones. Love them!:gr_grin:

Cool, so can you confirm - they cover the entire rear window, including the portion that's fixed? Just like the pic that LibertyFever posted?

I have the AVS ones on my 04 Grand.I like them. Hey on those door seals I know exactly what your talking about.

What to do is (this is what I did on the grand),if the weatherstrip is in good shape peel it off and buy some 3M weatherstrip adhesive and glue it back on.Then it won't fall and droop anymore.

That may work - I can give it a whirl.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the oem ones and the bug deflector when I got mine. the AVS ones look the same as the OEM for the side windows but come in full and in channel. My OEM bug deflector broke and Chrysler doesn't warrany them to the 2nd owner so I got an AVS one. that looks very close to the OEM one no one knows untill now its not. I would just buy the AVS ones they are cheaper and come with a lifetime warranty. my friend has an AVS bug shield on his chevy truck, it got cracked and they shipped him a new one with out a reciept. all they wanted was a few pictures of it. on on the vehicle or what was left of it and a close up of the AVS logo and a new one was on the way.

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, so can you confirm - they cover the entire rear window, including the portion that's fixed? Just like the pic that LibertyFever posted?

That may work - I can give it a whirl.

That's an affirmative. They cover the whole back window (Reason why I bought these instead of the in channel ones)

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went for the avs ones. They will definately cover the rear window as the other posters stated. here is a pic installed:

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online