When it's all said and done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gunflint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who is new to KJ ownership I'm looking forward to doing some playing with and modifying to my KJ. I'm just wondering, what do all these mods do to the value of KJ's when your ready to trade it in?

I understand the the reason for most modifications have nothing to do with resale concerns and more to do with a passion for KJ's but do you guys put most of your stock equipment back in before selling? Do modifications make it easier to sell to enthusiasts? Can you expect to get at least some of your investment back? Thanks.

2003KJ

Reaction score
(welcome) to the site!

For the most part, mods subtract from the value of a Jeep, not add. So if I were you, i'd save stuff such as your stock suspension parts and stuff if you're going to do a lift. That way when you eventually do sell it, you can put it back on and make it look like it was never changed.

By the way, I like your signature....under construction....LOL.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
(welcome) to the site!

For the most part, mods subtract from the value of a Jeep, not add. So if I were you, i'd save stuff such as your stock suspension parts and stuff if you're going to do a lift. That way when you eventually do sell it, you can put it back on and make it look like it was never changed.

What he said.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
2003KJ said:
(welcome) to the site!

What he said.

Agreed x2

Modification will not increase value. Do it all for the fun of it though because its worth it!!

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys and gals spend thousands on "customizing" their Jeeps. It's pretty much lost money when you want to sell it. However, it's rather rewarding to make it your own, and to increase it's off road capabilities. Jeep stands for: Just Empty Every Pocket. Enjoy, and welcome! \:D/