wheel spacers/LG wheels question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kuowill

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone tried using wheel spacers with 265/75/16 wheels. will it rub a lot? because i would think if i put spacers on it would make a wider turn.... right?

so far i got the 265/75/16 w/daystar 2.5in lift

here is a pic :) i just installed it today. it took me like 8 hrs to put it on. had to take out the lower A arm darn thing was hard to install.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone tried using wheel spacers with 265/75/16 wheels. will it rub a lot? because i would think if i put spacers on it would make a wider turn.... right?

so far i got the 265/75/16 w/daystar 2.5in lift

here is a pic :) i just installed it today. it took me like 8 hrs to put it on. had to take out the lower A arm darn thing was hard to install.

You must be registered for see images
From the looks I'd say you will be rubbing bad as is since you still have not pounded the pinch weld down yet.Plus you will rub at full lock on the front bumber and/or swaybar due to the BS on the rims.Spacers will help but will cause abunch more rubbing.Do you plan on wheeling it? if you are you will rub real bad on the front part of the rear flare and possibley rip them off,you'll also have some nasty rub noises from the front without any trimming.Sorry for the cold hard facts,just want you to know what's going to happen.By the way good looking KJ!I run 265's on 16x7 rims with 4.5"BS and kept ripping my rear flares off so I removed them,had to pound the pinch weld down,as far as the front bumber I run the ARB but the OEM 1 I had to remove the entire foglamp area to get rid of the rubbing.I wheel mine hard hear in CO and sometimes my wheels will be 3-4 ft in the air,no rubbing anymore but my lift is giving me about 3 1/2"+.

kuowill

Reaction score
yeah i was gonna rip the inner fender out an bend it today but it took like 4 hrs waiting in line to get the alignment so probably do it tomorrow. but rubbing is very minor as of now. i was expecting worse, reason i havent removed it yet.

i live in west covina (los angeles county) so not much off roading for me. maybe a few times a year or so.

and thanks for the warm greeting

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!! Great looking KJ with those tires and lift. On another note you do know your lift will settle. With that slight difference you may experience more rubbing. When I say settle it just means everything will begin to fit snuggly in place and you may loose about 1/5" of lift or so.