What's going on here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm completely confused and stumped now. I just did a 3 ring clevis on top of my OME/Rancho lift with Boiler plates. The front is at 22.5 inches now and the rear is at 21.75 or so. I'm just not getting the lift that I expect. I measured the clevis on both sides and it is a bit less than 7 inches from the bottom of the clamp to the middle of the bottom hole. Here's a couple pics to show how I measured it.
You must be registered for see images

Others say they are over 7 inches. WTF is going on here? :mad:
I still don't have an extra iso in back.

Can someone verify if I measured my clevis differently or if something strange is going on? Thanks.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember the measurement (I did post it on here), but I measured from the top of the clevis to the center of the lower bolt hole as that's the critical measurement that would set the ride height.

I also remember that my 2007 clevis was the same as a 2002 or 2003, so I am thinking no change over the KJ run. The KK's have a longer one.

Can't compare all ride heights, it doesn't work.

For instance, OME926 + 3/8" Boiler plate is about as high as I can go in the front without UBJ-to-spring contact. I may be able to fit 1 clevis ring in there. Others can go a lot higher.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, maybe I'm just freakin out. I'm gonna drive it for a couple of days and see if the rear settles down any more. I guess 22.5 is about the max for me.

Latest posts

Members online