What a shame...lowered KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He used to be on LOST. Actually a nice guy, just odd selection of mods for a Jeep.

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is no longer a jeep. Actually, it was never a jeep seeing as it's 2wd...why they even offer 2wd jeeps these days is beyond me smashfreakB.gif

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SnowgodCCR said:
That is no longer a jeep. Actually, it was never a jeep seeing as it's 2wd...why they even offer 2wd jeeps these days is beyond me smashfreakB.gif

Well not everybody needs a 4x4, I'm not knocking him for having a 2WD, it's just that Jeeps are known for pretty much one thing, and being lowered and strictly for pavement isn't one of them.

To each his own I guess, it's his Jeep, but I think it was a waste. I will say that the workd one is good quality by the looks of it though. It could be worse, he could have a big wing and flame graphics all over it. \:D/

2003KJ

Reaction score
well it's certainly not something I do, but there's no need to bash it cause it's not lifted.

I for one, think it looks good, even though i'm not into that sorta thing. It's his Jeep and he can do with it as he pleases. The important thing is that he's happy with it.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
well it's certainly not something I do, but there's no need to bash it cause it's not lifted.

I for one, think it looks good, even though i'm not into that sorta thing. It's his Jeep and he can do with it as he pleases. The important thing is that he's happy with it.

Yeah, I wouldnt be a jerk towards him or anything, although I do think thats a pointless thing to do to a Jeep. After all the whole premise of Jeep (well...until the Compass) was the offroad capability and that it what it was designed to do. If I wanted a street thing, I'd personally get something with a lower center of gravity.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wouldn't do that to my jeep. It doesn't look right, and people would have much better chance winning a competition with something else.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
He's got airbags on there. I bet when he drives it is at normal height. There's no way he could ever turn the wheel otherwise.

psinsyd

Reaction score
Now he has ammo for when he wants warranty work done at the stealership and they said they couldn't warranty work on lifted vehicles. "Ya never said anything about LOWERED Liberties!"...... :-k

DannyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHA OK nobody flame me here is a link to my first vehicle i ever owned a 98 cherrokee and i thought i was bad ass with this thing check it out at this time i dident know jeeps were suppost to be lifted but now i know better http://www.cardomain.com/ride/387893

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JC said:
I don't know, I don't think that a 2WD SUV is really that much of an oddity. But I agree, it's not my thing either.

You know, with it lowered like that it kinda reminds me of the Chevy HHR.

You must be registered for see images

I don't think they're that rare either, especially down south. Just about every one you see around here is a 4x4 though, very rarely have I noticed a KJ without a 4x4 badge on the back of it, most 2WD's here are pickups.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
When I'm in Alabama, people ask me why I have a 4x4... Finding a 4x4 Jeep down there is worse than finding a needle in a haystack.

Dunno why they can't see the MI plate.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lifting a jeep is what everyone is done or is talking about so when I hear about a lowered one I just shake my head. It's just the idea. I wouldn't bash anyone about it. There is just a lot of other vehicle choices for that.

As to 2wd jeeps, there's not many around here but I know there are a lot down south.

Dave

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think to each his own. In my opinion, it does look odd. I have had many a lowrider, but mine were all in the box chevy, cadillac type genre. I LOVE the custom look, but Jeeps just don't make good lowriders, lol. But, as others have said, it's his Jeep, he can do as he pleases with it. I myself wouldn't even ponder the thought of lowering mine.

frikki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
JC said:
I don't know, I don't think that a 2WD SUV is really that much of an oddity. But I agree, it's not my thing either.

You know, with it lowered like that it kinda reminds me of the Chevy HHR.

You must be registered for see images

I don't think they're that rare either, especially down south. Just about every one you see around here is a 4x4 though, very rarely have I noticed a KJ without a 4x4 badge on the back of it, most 2WD's here are pickups.

I don't know what kind of areas you are talking about in the South (like AR and TX or like FL and GA). I actually haven't seen too many 4X2 SUV's down here. Even in the Wal-Mart parking lots I see row upon row of 4X4's. I run into many many 4X4 jeeps in the surrounding counties. And I hardly ever meet 4X2 pickups either (those are WEIRD, lol). Usually if it's 2WD it is a car. Maybe this is just in the rural areas; I can understand that there could be a difference in the larger cities, although I do run into aggressively massive trucks with 6 inch lifts and monster tires that are covered from front to back with mud in downtown Little Rock. But for my area, I'd have to say that 2WD SUV's are a rarity.

And about that guy's lowered KJ: it is nice in color (the only thing I really admire about it), however it is a bit too shiny for my tastes. But I must admit, he does have big, brass balls for even THINKING of doing this to his jeep, even though I personally believe that this act is blasphemous.

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little too low for my tastes, although an adjustable height Liberty would be the best of both worlds. These vehicles rollover fairly easily so lift kits to me are insanity. for those of you that think 4x2s arent really off road vehicles have never tried one in rough conditions. I used to run my 4x2 Cherokee in the desert outside of Vegas running the first twenty miles of the same course they run the Herbst 400 each year. I didn't try any rock crawling which is one of the few times you really need four wheel drive, but on two occasions I rescued 4x4s that got themselves stuck.There are certain situations where 4 wheel drive is necessary, but I have never found myself in such a situation. I used to run in the SH National forest , forded a few creeks and never once got myself stuck.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
Lashlarue said:
These vehicles rollover fairly easily so lift kits to me are insanity. .

Says who?

Dont tell me that.. #-o Mine is lifted.. ](*,)

haha, I had the front suspension apart the other day and let the jeep down without any springs on it. It was a funny sight to see the front sitting on the bumpstops! I could barely get my jack under it. I wish I would of taken a pic. \:D/