Vibration between 45 and 55 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeriRae

Reaction score
Ok. I thought I fixed the issue but...
I followed the directions on changing out the u joints. It still ****** but not it the back (and not so violently).
I guess it's been a few weeks.
Now, it still does this one scary thing.
It was doing it before but I hadn't had any bad jerks like this since changing the joints. And, it wasn't happening that often.
What happens is, I'll be driving about 45-50 mph and it jerks so badly that it feels like someone hit you from behind.
It happened twice in a 5 mile drive from my home to the gas station.
Also. The stupid 4x4 light on the dash comes on. It's not the part time light but the one that looks like traction control.. The light has two wavy lines below a jeep.

I know I have to replace the sensor for the gas pedal. It went out yesterday as I was crossing a bridge. I had to just coast across but I made it and only held up 1 car behind me. I don't know if they have anything to do with each other. I assume they don't but when all the lights on,my dash go on at once, I dunno.
Anyway, I can't figure out if my transmission is going out or if I should try something else. I don't want to spend time, energy and money on this if I will just have to get the transmission worked on.
I only spent $500 on this jeep and figure this is why it was such a good deal. It has 250k miles on it (highway mostly). It was driven by a teenager. I know it wasn't maintained well either.