uConnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

talleybird_kk

Reaction score
So I've searched the forum for anything on this, and apologize if I missed it...

I have the buttons for the uConnect and the hands free....but my Sport is not equipped with it...what kind of headache are we talking about to get this installed....anyone know?

talleybird_kk

Reaction score
But, I already have those buttons on my dash (radio)..... ~confused~ Shouldn't I be able to just get it "activated"?

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need the microphone, and I believe the box is what contains the bluetooth radio to connect to your phone.

talleybird_kk

Reaction score
Hmmmm.....but....when I'm using my iPod via the auxillary jack, and the phone rings, I can use it hands free...... Seems I already have a microphone...maybe I'm wrong...

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hrmm well if there's a little box with 2 bottons up on the a pillar next to the visor then you already have uconnect.

Does the call come through the speakers? And is it an ipod or iphone? Because you need to pair your phone with the radio using bluetooth for normal phones. I didn't think you could do hands free with just and iphone and cable.

talleybird_kk

Reaction score
I have the uConnect and the hands free buttons on my radio. I use my iPhone for my iPod. When a call comes thru, I push answer on my iPhone and can just talk thru the speakers...... ??? Or am I talking thru my iPhone and its transmitted thru the speakers.....??

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya you're talking through the phone and it's just playing the audio through the speakers.

The radios that are uconnect compatible have the buttons whether the vehicle actually has uconnect or not. If you don't have the small box with the mic, and uconnect/handsfree buttons up bye the visor then you don't have uconnect.

But, ff the people you talk to can hear you fine then just keep doing what you're doing, no sense in wasting money on the actual uconnect, unless you go back to a normal phone.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
just hit the uconnect botton and if it says uConnect ready...well listen and see if it talks you through the how to pair your phone.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
well thats odd talleybird bc if you have the bottons for it..well then it should be there! but i can say that my buddys 05 GC uConnect worked for a few months then stopped working for a few months and then one just thought about it again and hit the uConnect botton and it worked so i think uConnect has a few problems they need to work out!

zoomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2010 KK, and I'm picking it up on Saturday. When I press the u-connect button, it says Not Equiped to.

Uconnect is an option in the Sport. I guess they used the same radio but didn't put the guts in. I think there's some instructions under the general FAQ section of this forum.