Transfer case shifter bushing busting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tremorwolf

Reaction score
Thank god for this forum!.. So im hoping this is the issue with my Jeep. I have a Manual 6 Speed 4x4 2005 Renegade. I went to go pop it into 4wheel high and notice the shiftier had ZERO resistance to it.. you can put it in any position you want and NOTHING happens. It wont even lay flat now like it use to. No indicator lighs and it defiantly stays in two wheel. I looked and the lever cable itself seems to be fine and all attached. so this leaves me to believe the cable slipped off the actuator. (maybe from the bushing given way?) the under side of my Libo has a lot of skid plates ill have to remove to get a good look at the Transfer case. dose anyone have good pictures of the Transfer case TOP VIEW so i can find were the damn linkage is SUPPOSE to go??? that would help me out greatly!

I think my Jeep is super jealous! I bought a Suzuki RM 250 and been ripping around on that off road and my Jeeps 4x4 goes out, AC compressor goes out, Window regulator goes out and Fan control goes out ALL within DAYS of each other! XD

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No schematic for you, but its I'm the driver side, its tucked up there but you can see it once the skids are off.