Trailer hitch wire part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Life Liberty Happiness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've looked around and it would appear that 82210642AD is the part number for the 08 Liberty. Someone has a 82210642 for sale. They are claiming it will work. Does anyone know what the difference is? Would the AD at the end make any difference? From what I can find the 82210642 is for the Nitro. Thanks.

Life Liberty Happiness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:banana-mario: Thanks! I can save some money with this one. That is kinda what I figured. The guy was sure that the AD just meant it had the install instructions say Liberty and not Nitro, but the parts are identical.

Life Liberty Happiness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATED Slight differences.

It turns out the wire harness is similar, but not the same. The reverse lights do not work as is. It is an easy fix tho. I wound up just switching the wires for the reverse lights at two locations. For anyone who wants to know its the white wire with the green stripe. I just moved it to the open space on both female connectors(one coming out of the body harness and the new one going into the tail light assembly. It was pretty easy and I saved 75 bucks! If anyone needs more info feel free to pm me.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine worked as is( Nitro #). I wonder if they changed something.

Life Liberty Happiness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure what they changed. All I know is I had reverse lights before I put it on then didnt after. So doing some digging I found one pin didn't match up on the two connections. I swithced them and they worked fine. Either way its working great now and because of your info I was able to save money for something else like gas. . .

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, gas price really hurt.$3.99 here, by the end of the day????