Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Resse Class 3 hitch, wondering what you guys have towed with the liberty?, I plan on towing a pop-up tent trailer, and a 16ft boat

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've towed a quad trailer once with two Polaris ATVs on there. Came to be around 2000 lbs. I'd definitely recommend sway control. I could not safely travel over 65 mph with it, which most traffic out here does between 70 and 75.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have towed 2 different boats - both 19 feet and also a good size pop up camper around town and on the interstate. They have trailer brakes so it makes it easier to stop and control. I have had some very minor trailer swaying once or twice, but a tap on the trailer brakes will stop it. Giving it a "little" gas will stop it also. Max weight I have towed was around 4,000 - 4500 max over the road. I have a utility trailer and hauled it with a cord of cut and split firewood many times. It has no trailer brakes and can be tricky to stop it but I don't know how much it weighed loaded. It was heavy.

Your boat will tow easy.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online