Tires and rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redsoxfan

Reaction score
I need to know how big of a rim or tire I can put on my 04 liberty without making any modifications. I plan on putting a 2.5 or 3 inch body lift on also. When I say how big I don't need anything obnoxious. I just want it to look a little tougher. I planned on keeping the rim size about a 16 or 17 inch but the rest of the dimensions I dont know about. Same with the tires, I just want it to sit a little higher and have more aggressive tread pattern. I was gonna go with a painted black with chrome accent rim and some Mickey Thompson A/T's. But if anyone has some suggestions that would be awesome...

Thanks

cowdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a complicated question that can be answered by researching past threads. Simply, though, you cannot get a bigger tire without modification and even with 2.5" to 3" lift, more modifications will need to be made to run a measly 31" tire. If it's all about show, and it seems that way, a spacer lift (not body lift) and like 245 75 r16's would probably be the cheapest way to go. Hope that helps.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Liberty is a uniframe, so you can't put a body lift. With a 2.5-3" lift you can get 245/75r16 (no trimming) or 265/70r16 (maybe w/ a little trimming).

redsoxfan

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the info...you guys are awesome. I'll try to post some pics of my jeep in a few days, probably without the lift and tires yet tho.