The KK on "S" Curves !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a week ago I took my wifes KK(2WD) up a mountain with 30 miles of S curves.I didn't now how it would react on the curves.To my suprise I was very impressed with the KK.I was going around the curves about 10 miles over posted speed and had no problems holding into the curves.I push it more on some curves,but my wife started telling me to slow down.On the way down it was more exciting.One thing I thought was it didn't feel like a SUV,it felt more carlike.I have a 06 Charger SXT that doesn't do much better.I do have Goodyear Fortera Silent Armour 245/70-16,that I think helped a little.The KK does have good balance.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you drove a KJ you would have felt much safer with stiffer suspension and less side-to-side sway. Although I do not suggest testing vehicle's curve-taking abilities on mountain roads.

richd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was no swaying at all.It didn't feel top heavy.I don't know what the balance is on the KJ,but the 2WD KK is almost 50/50,thats pretty good for a SUV.

greenjeepster

Reaction score
If you drove a KJ you would have felt much safer with stiffer suspension and less side-to-side sway. Although I do not suggest testing vehicle's curve-taking abilities on mountain roads.

I thought the kk was supposed to have much better handling characteristics.:confused:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is good that the KK takes the mountain roads well.

We have many mountain roads up here including 20mph curves and I have no complaints with the KJ. You just can't drive it like it is a vette or something. Getting rid of the OEM tires helps a lot too.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online