Tailgate handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rogiegoalie

Reaction score
Hi All! This is my first post on this forum although the various threads have helped me to no end. I have a 2002 KJ Sport in which the rear tailgate handle has broken off. I have been looking for days to purchase a new part but have come up empty (my searches retrieve a lot of covers and side door handles). Does anyone out there know or link me up to a supplier that sells an aftermarket handle for my tailgate? I'd rather not have to go to the dealer so they can empty my wallet.(P/N 55360331 AE). Thanks

rogiegoalie

Reaction score
My local wreckers don't even have the part. My searches turn up nothing in Canada, U.S. or anywhere.

rogiegoalie

Reaction score
Thanks for looking. I appreciate it but the one pictured has no place for the lock cylinder. I can even deal with the fact that it's chrome where mine is black. If anyone comes across something, I'd appreciate a lead. BTW, I've used every search engine I know...lol.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some one chime in if I'm wrong but I think the the front Driver door handle (since you need a handle with a keyhole) is the same size as the tail gate handle. So In theory you should be able to one in place the other Or possibly use parts to repair.

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it should heck i took the drivers door handle from a WJ to fix the door handle on my KJ once just ahd to swap over all the parts

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for looking. I appreciate it but the one pictured has no place for the lock cylinder. I can even deal with the fact that it's chrome where mine is black. If anyone comes across something, I'd appreciate a lead. BTW, I've used every search engine I know...lol.

Just an FYI not all models came with the lock cylinder in that handle. Mine doesn't have it.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
driver's door handle is identical, just have to swap out all of the brackets and such on it, but it's the same. passenger likewise.

rogiegoalie

Reaction score
Actually they're not. The only difference is that the tailgate handle has a slot to receive the micro switch for the glass release molded into it.

j888dth

Reaction score
Hi All! This is my first post on this forum although the various threads have helped me to no end. I have a 2002 KJ Sport in which the rear tailgate handle has broken off. I have been looking for days to purchase a new part but have come up empty (my searches retrieve a lot of covers and side door handles). Does anyone out there know or link me up to a supplier that sells an aftermarket handle for my tailgate? I'd rather not have to go to the dealer so they can empty my wallet.(P/N 55360331 AE). Thanks
Hi are you still looking for door handle?.
Theres one on ebay (uk) item 390563837724

MTN GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only the early KJs had three lock cylinders, plus an ashtray/cig lighter and cloth upper door panels.

Members online

No members online now.