sun roof problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have a idea how i can seal it up for the night. It got stuck open earlier today. (banghead) my appointment is tommorw morning at the dealership.

R.Rabbit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...down the rabbit hole just ahead of Alice.
all the way or just vent? either way you should be able to put a plastic trashbag pulled snug with the two doors closed over the ends to keep it in place instead of using tape. If it's just a temp fix.

Issue with rain or snow right now? I didn't do a weather check of your area. If it's a snow issue put a old blanket or sheet over the plastic so you can pull the snow off in the morning without spilling any inside.

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i opened it after a wash today and apparently it didnt open all the way on auto open then Iwent to close it and it wouldnt move so i hit back again and it moved all the way open but still wouldnt close. ill figure something out i think a garbage bag and masking tape should keep anything out.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Wow and you've got a 2006 and are already having problems with your sunroof? I use mine every time the windows are down (which is A LOT) with zero complaints. Wonder if something in the motor is shot? Maybe not sealed all the way and it got wet during the wash it got today?

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i threw a piece of painters plastic over it and closed the doors on it hopefully nothing finds its way into the libby overnight.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like was said, a small tarp , open both doors and bungee it through the tarp grommets. No tape. That should hold overnite. Then get it to the dealer asap. You'll have to take it off to drive probably. It is under warranty if it's an 06.

Dave

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not under warentee for very much longer. i already have 30k miles drive.gif

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
AndySRT said:
its not under warentee for very much longer. i already have 30k miles drive.gif

Get it to the dealer asap then for a warrenty repair.

Dave

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i just got back from the dealer and they ordered a new sun roof motor,switch and got the sun roof closed till the parts come in.

KittyKat

Reaction score
Sunroof gets stuck

WHEN THEY FIRST PRODUCED THE 02 LIBERTY'S, THERE WAS A DELAY IN ORDERING ONE WITH SUNROOF DUE TO PROBLEMS DURING PRODUCTION. ANYWAY MINE WAS FINE WHEN I GOT IT AND AS SOON AS THE WARRANTY EXPIRED SO DID MY SUNROOF. DONT' BELIEVE THERE WAS EVER A RECALL ISSUED BUT THE COST TO FIX IT IS AROUND $500.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with mine. I use it 100% of the time when I can have my windows down. LOVE IT!! First time having one, won't be the last.