Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got some aftermarket Infinity Kappa component speakers and the tweeters don't go loud enough without distortion. And yes, I already have a 4 channel amp for my door speakers. When I mean I mean LOUD. I'd like to get some tweeters top end tweeters that won't break the bank. What should I get? Or should I get a more powerful 4 channel amp? Right now the amp I have is a alpine V-power 40wx4 RMS Watts, (360 peak) that's not much now that I think about it. I really might need a 100wX4 rms amp. The speakers are rated for 80 to 90rms I believe. So, do I need new speakers or more powerfull amp OR both? I think the speakers I have are decent speakers, but when they go loud the tweeters start to distort. Since the fronts are components could I just replace the tweeters? or will having more power fix the distortion a little bit.

Amp I have:
You must be registered for see images

Front Speakers:

Bennett

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
how loud do u want it?....
i say get a new amp..and new tweeters.....
cuz that seems like the weak link..atm..(then again i really dont know much bout car audio..so...i guess i didnt help much...LoL)

(and if u want to sell ur current tweeters..lemme know...LoL)

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
lights blaring, bass thumping.....

You forgot airhorns.

but seriously anybody else know what I need to fix my clarity issue?

lavalva

Reaction score
You're probably looking at replacing both anyway, but I'd start with the speakers. Check out Boston Acoustics high end stuff, it's very good. Also MB Quart.

nate5238

Reaction score
I already blew my kappa tweeters from blasting my stereo. That is because they compete with my 15"sub though, so i knew i would blow them eventualy...

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
lavalva said:
You're probably looking at replacing both anyway, but I'd start with the speakers. Check out Boston Acoustics high end stuff, it's very good. Also MB Quart.

Yeah I have boston's on my computer and they sound really nice. I'll check them out.

lavalva

Reaction score
My stepdad bought 2 pairs of one of the REALLY high end BA's for our boat. They were car speakers, this is for the outdoor stereo... They were over $1,000/pr but man... They sound unbelievable. Paired up with a good amp, it's gonna be tough to beat. The MB Quarts are a little more reasonable in price though.