Speaker wire color code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RonB

Reaction score
After watching a YouTube video on installing speakers they guy making the video says you need to reverse polarity on the new wiring harness. Never had to do that in all my years of cars.

Just want to know if anyone can verify the color codes listed in link are right. Tried using multi-meter to test but was hard to get good reading.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After watching a YouTube video on installing speakers they guy making the video says you need to reverse polarity on the new wiring harness. Never had to do that in all my years of cars.

Just want to know if anyone can verify the color codes listed in link are right. Tried using multi-meter to test but was hard to get good reading.

wondering why that makes a difference:
As long as all the + are the same and all the - are the same, the speakers should be 'in phase'

RonB

Reaction score
wondering why that makes a difference:
As long as all the + are the same and all the - are the same, the speakers should be 'in phase'
Dont get what you are saying. If I go by the color on that chart the + wire will be going to the - on the new speaker. As far as I know that can mess up the speakers

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont get what you are saying. If I go by the color on that chart the + wire will be going to the - on the new speaker. As far as I know that can mess up the speakers
Lol - never mind @RonB - i misread what you had down in your post. My bad!

Members online

No members online now.