Spark plug report- Autolite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just changed my second round of spark plugs. I used Autolites this time, & they are better than stock by far. I changed the stock NGKs at 30,000 miles, & they were toast. There was barely any electrode left above the insulator.

I switched to the Autolites largely because that is what the parts store had in stock, I purchased them before knowing how bad the stock plugs were, otherwise I would have bought NGKs by request. I've always have had a great experience with NGKs in several cars of all types & origins, up until these!

So I changed the plugs tonight at 70,500, which as those who are fast on their feet can see is 10,500 more miles than I should have put on them. The look much better than the stockers. I checked the gap & they were all at 1.4mm, the beginning gap was 1.1mm, so .3mm of wear in 40,500 miles which is very acceptable.

This time around, I'm trying the NGK Iridiums. Due to my previous experience with NGK, I want to give these a go. I'll never use the OE spec Cu NGKs though. The iridiums are supposed to last 70,000 to 100,000 miles, but I'll check them at 30,000 & 60,000 & report back.