Spare tire "key"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stfitts

Reaction score
I noticed the other day that the third lug had a weird end to it....Did some research and found out some locking key is supposed to come with the jeep. Ofcourse I have no key. I have looked in the glovebox and the jack under the backseat to no luck. The dealer has no record of it either. So I am at a lose. Anyone know where we can get another? Can you remove it somehow and replace with a lug?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stfitts said:
I noticed the other day that the third lug had a weird end to it....Did some research and found out some locking key is supposed to come with the jeep. Ofcourse I have no key. I have looked in the glovebox and the jack under the backseat to no luck. The dealer has no record of it either. So I am at a lose. Anyone know where we can get another? Can you remove it somehow and replace with a lug?

There is only a handful of combinations for that key. You will need to get the dealership to try a few keys. I don't think your screwed, but this may begin to be a PITA.

stfitts

Reaction score
Someone just told me you can find locking lugnuts at like autozone and stuff, how many dif patterns are there?

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the dealer will not provide you with the key, then get some plain lugnuts (5) go to the dealer and have them remove all 5 of you locks.
replace them with the plain lugnuts.

If all 5 of your locks respond from the same key, then all you need to do is obtain a key from Jeep.

If you want to tell the dealer you're gonna rip him at corporate and see if that gets them motivated to help you out.

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% but im pretty positive that the dealer HAS to give you a key for it. Because god forbid you get stuck somewhere you are unable to get to your spare. I know when my father bought his durango it was used and didnt come with a JACK and by law he had to have the jack. like i said im not sure if this is the same thing but still im pretty positive they HAVE to give you a key or replace the lugs that are there.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM Mopar locking lugs are made by McGard and the registration card gets sent to them, as well. Pep Boys sells McGard locking lugs, and for less than Mopars, too.

Latest posts

Members online