So, how does one carry extra gas and water?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJBassman

Reaction score
I saw the pic of the burned up liberty with the gas cans. But I started to wonder how would one carry extra gas on the KJ? I mean, one goes to moab to play, we have a 20 gallon tank, so your out there and running low. do you go back, or carry extra gas? I see things for other jeeps for extran carriers, but what about the KJ?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
some have taken off the spare tire from the rear gate, and replaced it w/ gas containers. i've seen one in LOST where he made a rig to carry 2.

spare tire goes to the roof

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a guy on the AZ LOST website that has fabricated something that holds two gas cans, with on on either side of the spare. It's kinda cool, becuase he made it to where the cans swivel down, so the back door can open. Anyway, if you can't find it, I'll get a link to the diagram later.

DJBassman

Reaction score
yeah, I saw that in my info gathering when I just bought the KJ. I am unable to get into the LOST forum at the moment, it has some sort of error on it.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
here's a pic....(clint's)

You must be registered for see images

forgot who's rig that was that did the dual gas can...