Smokies/ Cherokee NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Emydol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
i have a camping trip with the family coming up and was wondering if there was any off road parks or anything around Cherokee North Carolina.
Thanks

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well there are some park options. About and an hour and a half west you have Tellico near Murphy. An hour and a half south you have Wayehutta near Highlands. About two hours east there is Brown Mountain near Nebo. I've done most of my wheeling during college in Jackson county south of Sylva on forest service and wildlife land. Sylva is about 30 minutes south of Cherokee. If you head down to Highlands there are also a lot of waterfalls to see. Some you have to hike to but others you can just drive up to. Highlands hiking and waterfalls.

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend told me today that he thinks Wayehutta is ATV only now. I don't know this for sure. I'd say your best bet would be Tellico. I've only been down there once with a buddy in his TJ. I need to make time to go down there with the KJ. Do a search on YouTube for Tellico, fun stuff.