Slightly Frightening Article About SentryKey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, kinda speechless after reading that article, is anything safe or sacred any more, where is this society headed not to mention insurance companies wiggling they way put of paying claims, and here after Kartrina one gets to see how unscrupulous insurance companies are

Bob

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What makes that so funny is I had a 2002 Honda Civic EX Coupe and when I worked at Acura I got that combo down for my car too. LOL, wouldnt ya know a week after I learned it I lost my key at my buddies house. So I borrowed his honda key, got the door open, fit it in the ignition (he owns a 2000 civic), and did my sequence while he watched laughing and not believing me. Well wouldn't ya know his mouth dropped when I started my car.

It is crazy but cars have quirky insides to them. My new 05 Matrix has a combo of the odo button and ignition where my odometer reading turns into service mode where I can program seat belt alarms and lighting.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a wow... and it figures.

All anti-theft stuff does is stop kids from taking your vehicle. Okay, maybe not kids these days... #-o

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
That is a wow... and it figures.

All anti-theft stuff does is stop kids from taking your vehicle. Okay, maybe not kids these days... #-o
Heh... you're right.

It stops crackheads, lol.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read the first few paragraphs, Just turn your wheels, shut off engine, lock the steering wheel by turning it to click, use steering wheel lock, pull hand brake, and lock your doors... that's what everyone should do to limit or at least make thieves waste more time on the car.

Someone could always tow the car and steal it, these insurance companies ARE the worse thieves ever.. and government gets their fair share. If you let people drive without insurance and apply BOND rules on everyone it would be different.. ahhh money.. it spins every wheel.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess to be truly safe and make sure our Jeeps aren't stolen, we should be driving Compasses. #-o

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stop using those steering wheel locking devices, after loosing the key to it, and having a locksmith come an pop it open in two seconds.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder.......and if anyone wanted your vehicle, no matter what anti theft system you had, they would know how to bypass the system. The pro's that is.

Years ago I had a car stolen and was lucky and got it back. I bought a .89cent toggle switch and wired it to the ignition and mounted it in a hidden place. When I flipped it, the car would crank, but wouldn't start. It was never stolen again. That was in the old days. I guess you could still do that today but they can just flat-bed it if they really want it.

The KJ must be at the bottom of the list as it surely isn't in the top 10 stolen list.

Also I wonder if there is a workaround for bypassing the KJ system but if there is, you can't post it on the web.

Dave

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the insurance co. was looking for a reason not to pay the claim. Professional auto thieves seldom drive off with your car. They will disable the column lock and then pull your car onto a flatbed wrecker. more cars are stolen this way than all the joy riders you have ever heard about.It made an interesting story but I think it was not true.My son in law has a part time wrecker driver for his business, and he was very aware of other drivers who made a very good living stealing cars in this way.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave said:
bought a .89cent toggle switch and wired it to the ignition and mounted it in a hidden place. When I flipped it, the car would crank, but wouldn't start. It was never stolen again. That was in the old days. I guess you could still do that today but they can just flat-bed it if they really want it.

Dave

'
my father in law had an old lincoln, he had password protection to start the ignition, it was wild stuff on a $1k, 100k mile old car.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
hyedipin said:
'
my father in law had an old lincoln, he had password protection to start the ignition, it was wild stuff on a $1k, 100k mile old car.

kinda like in the transporter. LoL

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02LibertyLimitedChick said:
That *****. Yeah, bottom line, if someone really wants to steal your car, they'll find a way.

Yep. My main prioirty is to lock out teenagers and the illegals who run cars over the border into Mexico here. It seems like here if your car is stolen, it is either torched in the desert or in Mexico.