Skyslider Fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dabitz

Reaction score
Wow, I haven't been around for a while now. I was trying to find info whether or not the skyslider noise issue was ever fixed? Months ago I decided to be patient and wait for a fix. I still have a lot of noise. Any suggestions? Sorry if this has been answered. I didn't find any info about it.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im sorry but this is hilarious. When then the KK was about to come out there was a thread on what first how tos were going to be on the KK. the first one was "how to fix my broken sky roof"

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a RRT(Rapid Response Transmittal) released just for this issue. It involved replacing the front bow and reprogramming the control module for the sky slider.

I'll do some research and see if I can find an answer for you.

Last edited:

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found it- TSB 23-003-10 released in February of 2010. They turned the RRT into a TSB. Here is a small part of the contents describing the symptoms and needed parts-

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The vehicle operator may experience excessive wind noise with the sunroof in the closed
position or excessive wind noise with the sunroof in the closed position and loss of “Auto
Mode” when operating Sky Slider sunroof. On vehicles built prior to January 16, 2008 Wind
noise can be caused by closing roof at speeds above 60 MPH (96 KMH).
NOTE: Export vehicles will not auto-close or auto-open while the ignition key is in
the accessory position.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the vehicle operator experiences the Symptom/Condition, perform the Repair Procedure.
PARTS REQUIRED:
Qty. Part No. Description
1(AR) 68038578AA Grease, Nyogel 729F - 50 Gram Tube
One tube will service four vehicles
1 68057092AB Header Bow Kit, Front
23-003-10 -2-
SPECIAL TOOLS/EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
NPN Battery Charger
CH9401 StarSCAN® Tool
CH9404D StarSCAN® Vehicle Cable
CH9409 StarSCAN® Documentation Kit
CH9410 StarSCAN® Ethernet Cable, 12 ft.
CH9412 StarSCAN® Software Update Device Kit
TechCONNECT PC or equivalent
NPN 1/8” x 4” ID Tubing
NPN Electric Drill and 7.5 mm (19/64 in) Drill Bit

If your vehicle is still under warranty, go to your local dealership and tell them that you have excessive wind noise and that you would like TSB 23-003-10 performed on your vehicle.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im sorry but this is hilarious. When then the KK was about to come out there was a thread on what first how tos were going to be on the KK. the first one was "how to fix my broken sky roof"

Ya, when I saw them introduce that thing, I was all "cool idea, until it starts leaking".

Plus, anything that lets you into the vehicle with a box cutter is mucho bad for those of us living in urban high-car prowl areas.

GhstRider

Reaction score
Ya, when I saw them introduce that thing, I was all "cool idea, until it starts leaking".

Plus, anything that lets you into the vehicle with a box cutter is mucho bad for those of us living in urban high-car prowl areas.

Your gonna need more than a box cutter to get in through the sky slider.

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont have a pic, but last year we had a huge storm and i saw a tree branch fall through the skyslider inside a kk! and it wasnt even a big branch, i bet it was totaled because it was full of water too

Glenn

Reaction score
Your gonna need more than a box cutter to get in through the sky slider.

I locked my keys inside mine and used a broom handle with a coat hanger taped on the end through the skyslider to pull the door handle open. Took no more than a couple of minutes and the alarm didn't go off.......love the feature, but if someone wants in your jeep, not much to stop them......

Members online