Skyjacker 2.5" Lift Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAFAEL

Reaction score
HI, I have a Skyjacker lift (2.5") installed since 2004, but now I have a problem on one of the front shocks. Here in a place told me that the shocks from Skyjacker that came with this suspension have many problems and they don't recommend me to put the same. They told me that Rancho 5000 is an option. But they are giving me a price of $100 for each! However I do not know which length or how to order them. Any advise? (Aeh)

RAFAEL

Reaction score
Ah! Goit it... I think....

I saw on another post that Rancho makes a front shock named RSX... which is the one recomended for the Liberty. Part Number #17505. Should I just go with those?

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just use the stock specified strut for the front. For the rear use Rancho RSX 17004.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front Struts/Shocks = RSX17505
Rear Shocks = RSX17004
They may tell you that the rear shock is for a Dodge Dakota, but these are the rear shocks we are using on lifted vehicles. It gives just ove 1" of extension compared to a stock liberty rear shock).

RAFAEL

Reaction score
Thanks!

I just order the RSX17505, the rear shocks are still in good condition. Thanks for the info.

I order the shocks at: Seattle Discount Parts

They got a good price.

Saludos from Mexico!

viperbux

Reaction score
Update Request

Hi... I have the same Skyjacker 2.5" lift.

In an attempt to save a little money, I didn't upgrade from my stock shocks. Well, that was a year or so ago, and now I'm ready to improve the ride (on and offroad).

I've heard a lot of good things about the shocks mentioned here (Rancho RSX) , but I'm a little shocked (no pun intended) at how cheap they were on the Seattle Discounted site you mentioned. ($53 each for the front struts AND the rear shocks) Seemed a tad fishy. :)

You said you ordered from there... was everything legit? Did you have any issues? Can anyone recommend a good place to order these parts... and how much I should expect to spend?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats about what I paid for my 17004s; the lift I bought used already had the front struts so I didn't have to buy them but it doesn't sound too low.

RAFAEL

Reaction score
PROBLEMS!!!

Well I got the RSX17505 shocks and now in the repair shop is telling me that they will not fit!!! That those are for the STOCK suspension, that if the put them on the shock (strut) will be completly extended. And to prove this... I put them next to the original shocks... IDENTICAL!

I STILL did not believe them 100% so I called Racho directly, and they confirmed that those (17505) are for stock suspensions AND THEY DO NOT MAKE ANY SHOCK FOR LIFTED KJ!

ANY OTHER RECOMENDATIONS?????????????