scan code say #4 cly.missfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
was looking at cows today,with my mother,got hung in mud.in process of getting unstuck moter starts missing,check engine light on,get out of mud shut moter off.restart,no miss.go to buddy,run scan tool,says #4 missfire.now 3-4hrs.later miss is back,if i turn lib.off,restart,no miss. wonder what the heck i have done now?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You got a P0304 code then??

I have a 05 FSM and it says the following for troubleshooting misfire code.

1) spark plug

2) dirt in fuel system

3) burned, warped or pitted valves......(hope not)

4) faulty coil pak.

Check/or change the plug (or all of them) and try swapping 2 of the coil paks around to see if the code moves or stays on the same cyl. Change your gas brand. Make sure the wireing connections to the coil pak are tight. That is a start.

Dave

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
thanks Dave,changing plugs in morn,got extra coil,thinking fuel.kind of acts like xj did on some brands of fuel,found some info on L.O.S.T. about setting cei.

Ken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 had the same code but was #1 cylinder I have the 4 cylinder engine Replaced the plugs but the same code came back changed the plug wires next problem gone .
So may want to change the wires as well.
:)

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
3.7L ,but thanks,changed plugs,replaced coil on #4,so far so good,knock on wood.

kylewilley

Reaction score
I know this is completely irrelevent and unhelpful but I have to admit I giggled when you said "moter"

Latest posts

Members online