Safety agency says Chrysler recall too slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Just saw this:

Safety agency says Chrysler recall too slow

Two things, just for the sake of sanity on the forum:

1) There are people here who have been answering the same set of question for well over a year now. If you haven't heard about this yet, use the search tool. There are multiple threads on the subject which will answer your questions.

2) If you managed to skip suggestion #1, be advised that there are strong feelings on both sides about this subject. The same people who are tired of answering the same questions over and over are probably also tired of re-fighting the same old battles again. Arguing with your friends here is not going to speed Chrysler up or cause them to cancel it altogether.

I'm not trying to reignite the war, I'm just providing a news update. :)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I just heard that from a friend. He was a consultant for Chrysler and they just got in contact with him for all his files on the project for "proof of action". Since they let him go he just can't seem to find them... weird!

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all i know is, that in that article, they chose a Khaki renegade for the picture...hmmmm why? cause Khaki renegades rule and all you other guys drool HAHAHAHAH!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I just heard that from a friend. He was a consultant for Chrysler and they just got in contact with him for all his files on the project for "proof of action". Since they let him go he just can't seem to find them... weird!

Pretty dumb.....let the people go that are working on the recall "proof of action"....LOL

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Problem is you have people like this just out there stirring up sh**

But Clarence Ditlow, head of the nonprofit Center for Automotive Research, said in a letter to NHTSA Wednesday that the agency should immediately force Chrysler to speed up the recalls. :thumbsdown:

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only issue I have is that my sold 03 LE with tow package sand off road package fuel tank skid plate etc) is also listed as subject to the recall, but the dealer/s can not clear it since they have to inspect it and won't schedule it for inspection until the parts (that I should not need) are available.

But like Tom said, there are plenty of dipsticks out there running their mouths so the pot keeps stirred. Lets see now, non profits as in "give us your contributions so we can pay the big wigs big bucks for keeping the pot stirred.

It's the American way!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I am still wondering if there are test results after rear crash with just installing a hitch.
I dont think it may help that much. No mention of test with hitch & tank skids either!
Once your lifted, well in my mind an OEM gas tank skid or maybe a skid row one with a hitch would be better.... or a real solid steel bumper too!!
I have the OEM skid & Hitch but one of these SU424 with hitch ball may really work/ help!..??
Link Superbumper and Sparebumper Impact Attenuators Help Eliminate Rear End Collision Damage with a Patented Compression System that's Proven & Tested
:popcorn:(Cheers)

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that impact hitch bumper idea, considering that's where a car is going to contact me. So when driving, try to keep only cars, not trucks on your tail! ;)

I am still wondering if there are test results after rear crash with just installing a hitch.

"At least part of the delays may be attributed to NHTSA testing the trailer hitch remedy. The agency did crash tests to determine if the hitches would work, and on Jan. 13, it told Chrysler that it had no reservations about the fix".

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a slogan I want on mine.....
49868[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

(Cheers) wavey.gif

Attachments

• ShockAbsorbingSU424Superbumper.jpg
    ShockAbsorbingSU424Superbumper.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0

Members online