Safari Snorkel for A Jeep Libery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day from Beautiful British Columbia Canada!
My wife and I are new to this forum and new to Jeeps in general (Not new to 4X4`s however)
I was wondering if any of you folks know if ARB or another company manufacture a `Safari Snorkel` for a Liberty?
I have searched this forum and the web, and I only find `em for CJ,TJ.YJ, GC,etc, but not for Libby`s
Cheers
RY`

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jon is correct , Safari does not make a snorkel for the KJ

Airflow has Just finished the FIRST snorkel for our little KJ's in the US Dirk at DPG offroad will be selling them he should have his first order shipped soon , i have nothing to do with airflow or DPG offroad i am just the bunny that drilled a big **** hole in his KJ to fit one ,

the upshot of the snork is you get a reduction in fuel consumption when its fittted I gained 2 liters / 100 kilometers back with my basket and 31's fitted

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks,

Ya, I saw the link with the two black Liberties... Sharp looking vehicles!
I was not aware that they zapped fuel economy by that much!
Non the less, It would be a good investment for us, as we drive alot of dusty back roads here in B.C.

Here is a link for DPG: http://www.dpgoffroad.com/ Although it doesn`t show a snorkel for a libby.

Cheers
Ry

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
socks

i actually GAINED some economy back

with a roof basket fitted and 245/75R16 Mud terrains on Steel wheels i used 15.21 Liters for 100 Kilometers or 18.57 miles to the gallon where i was using 18.3 liters per 100 kilometers or 15.5 miles to the gallon Highway

i hope that clears thing up

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fouros said:
socks

i actually GAINED some economy back

with a roof basket fitted and 245/75R16 Mud terrains on Steel wheels i used 15.21 Liters for 100 Kilometers or 18.57 miles to the gallon where i was using 18.3 liters per 100 kilometers or 15.5 miles to the gallon Highway

i hope that clears thing up

It's like a super-********-long ram air scoop! :)

And it looks SWEET as a bonus! how is the incoming air filtered? pics2.gif

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the highway i use a K&N drop in but off road i switch back to my Mopar paper filter ( i was getting too much crap passing thought the K & N ) in my stock airbox with all the holes blocked off

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Good Day,

I must of read it wrong...(Must be the medication that i am taking! ;) )
Non the less, that snorkel would be the cat`s ass!
My only concession is the antenna.
Relocating isn't a problem, it just means more work!
I have seen several 4X4`s like Mitsubushi pickups,GMC`s, Jeep TJ,YJ,etc, round here with snorkels where the antenna sits behind the snorkel. And the snorkel has a recess to allow for the antenna.
But what ever... It still fits the bill!

Cheers
Ry