Rust on a 4 month old 06, YAY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bimmer_2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do now. It was, in fact, sunroof screws penetrating the roof. I had dropped the headliner halfway to get a peek up there but couldn't because there is a shield built around that area of the sunroof. They just hammered the spot down, filled the pin prick hole left, grinded, etc. Looks good as new and they actually put a very think coat of paint and clear coat on there. I was surprised. And DCx did furnish a rental once I raised hell. First they said the warranty provisions of the 3/36k did not cover a rental for this kind of damage, then they said the same for my 7/100k Service Contract. I just made a fuss about how this is a factory issue due to negligence and how no vehicle should be rusting out, period, after only 4 months since delivery (16 months since build date). Be on the watch, though. There is no way I am an isolated incident with 160,000 of these being built each year, plus the other vehicles built in Toledo. Wait, it was Toledo, right? Too many OHIO cities in my head right now.

Alright....Thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye out as I'm looking into buying one very soon.

RamSport47

Reaction score
Congratulations! I think it's ridiculous you had to fight for it. Like you said no vehicle should be rusty after 4 months, period.

I'm sorry...I have a problem believing he had to fight for this as much as he says...on a vehicle that is 4 months old...NOT in this day of customer service. Maybe his dealer just ***** the big one!...It also sounds to me like he is a great candidate to head over to hummer or something else less worthy.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry...I have a problem believing he had to fight for this as much as he says...on a vehicle that is 4 months old...NOT in this day of customer service. Maybe his dealer just ***** the big one!...It also sounds to me like he is a great candidate to head over to hummer or something else less worthy.

Have you ever been to a Jeep dealer? :rolleyes:

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Apparently you've never been on the a$$ end of MOPAR customer service. I have, many times, at different dealers & different MOPAR vehicles. I believe every word he's said. Also, look at Titan's signature...:rolleyes:

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, those dealerships are nuts. I had gone to a 5 star dealership and was treated worse!! I have built a good rapport with my current dealership and have continued to take the Jeep there based on the rapport.

In general though the dealerships suck!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I've never had a BAD dealership experience, some good ones (like just recently), but with most of them could have been a LOT better.