RRO 2.125 Combo Kit Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CCKJ03

Reaction score
I have a RRO 2.125 Combo Kit. After I installed it, I noticed that it appeared to sit a little high in the front. I know the reason for this is the OTT plate that is provided. However, I am interested in leveling it out in the rear. Does anyone have any suggestion on how I could do this? I thought maybe throwing another set of stock upper rear spring insulator’s...is this a good idea?[/img]

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
CCKJ03 said:
I have a RRO 2.125 Combo Kit. After I installed it, I noticed that it appeared to sit a little high in the front. I know the reason for this is the OTT plate that is provided. However, I am interested in leveling it out in the rear. Does anyone have any suggestion on how I could do this? I thought maybe throwing another set of stock upper rear spring insulator’s...is this a good idea?[/img]
The extra spring isolators will work...

CCKJ03

Reaction score
How much of a lift in the rear will it provide? Will I have any problems with it dislodging? Also, I have DT 3000 rear shocks and they are sqeaking like crazy every time I go over a bump...what could be causing this?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CCKJ03 said:
How much of a lift in the rear will it provide? Will I have any problems with it dislodging? Also, I have DT 3000 rear shocks and they are sqeaking like crazy every time I go over a bump...what could be causing this?

You may want to ensure that the shocks are tightly fitted. Extra washers may need to be used to compensate for a possible gap at the shock mount location. Many people have had to add washers to this area because of the large bushing stock shocks had compared to aftermarket (like rancho, etc...).

CCKJ03

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise I will check this out. What do you think about adding an extra top spring insulator? Marlon_JBT liked the idea of adding the extra insulator...I am trying to get a few thoughts on this before I go with it.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CCKJ03 said:
Thanks for the advise I will check this out. What do you think about adding an extra top spring insulator? Marlon_JBT liked the idea of adding the extra insulator...I am trying to get a few thoughts on this before I go with it.

I've installed the extra upper spring isolator is probably about 5 KJs and not one single problem. Plus I know of about 2 other people that use it also without problems. Just go to the dealer and ask for an extra set of upper spring isolators. You need two of them (one for each side) and they cost about 10 dollars a piece. They just slide right underneath the old one. They will give you about 1/2" extra of lift.

Here is just one example. In this case Science_guy is actually running two extra isolators. So a total of 3 on each side.

http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15164

Check here also
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16766&highlight=spring+isolator

CCKJ03

Reaction score
I have had the lift on for about 2 weeks now. I thought that it needed to settle as well...then I got the alignment and it seemed to settle even more. However, I think it has settled as much as it can. Thanks for the input! I am going to install those extra insulator as soon as I get them.

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CCKJ03 said:

You should have some various lenght upper bolt sleeves with the shocks.
Did use use them to take up the play in the top shock mount???

CCKJ03

Reaction score
I used the 12mm sleeves that RRO recommended...and I added a couple off 7/16's flat washers to take up the play. I have also lubed and anti seized everything in sight and still I have the squeak. I am at a lost for solutions.

CCKJ03

Reaction score
Spent the afternoon trying to get a couple more flat washers in on the top rear shock mounts. And the squeak kind of went away. I only hear it on bigger bumps now. Things are looking up \:D/ ...will see how it does in the am. If anyone has any other good ideas I'll take them.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CCKJ03 said:
Spent the afternoon trying to get a couple more flat washers in on the top rear shock mounts. And the squeak kind of went away. I only hear it on bigger bumps now. Things are looking up \:D/ ...will see how it does in the am. If anyone has any other good ideas I'll take them.

I have four washers on the rear (2 on each side at the tops) and didn't add any to the bottom. That cured the problem of shock squeak for me.

CCKJ03

Reaction score
Is it normal to have no threads of the stud showing past the nut for the top mount on a RRO combo kit lift?[/img]

Members online

No members online now.